Kind Of OT----but.... need your oppinion

Phantom710

Momx1, Surrogate #2
Reaction score
So I've heard allergies can worsen in pregnant women. Is it allergy that already exist, or do you get new ones?

No real problems first trimester, every once in awhile my cat would bother me more than usual, which, is why I no longer allow him free roam of the house. i.e. he's not allowed in the bedroom, baby's room, bathrooms. etc. And I have had no problems with him since.

However, for the past week or so (and in two different states) I've woken up in the middle of the night, not being able to breathe. I have allergy induced asthma. Whatever it is doesn't seem to effect me throughout the day, so... I'm thinking a night...blooming....outside...something or other.

It's finally warming up here, and everything seems to be blooming. Any idea on what it COULD BE? or why it effects me only at night.

I'm also trying to determine how I should go about asking my doctor, he'll say it's allergies... but to WHAT? I know the allergy medicine you can take is fairly limited. And the 24 hour over-the-counter stuff i've been taking, doesn't seem to be helping..........

hayfever. i have it too, a little warm weather and the pollen is literally strangling me. i have an inhaler for it and im taking piriton syrup against my doctors wishes.

where do you by that? i have been taking 24 hour allergy relief, inhaler, and trying to keep my throat moist because all the hacking is CRAZY.

Claritin is available in the states and is considered safe to take during pregnancy. I've taken it from time to time and drink lots of water.

My allergies are killing me off :( Theyre 100 times worse since being pg and Ive got prescriptions which arent helping either. The pharmacist told me theres an all in 1 spray that came out last year which is safe for pg women because its localised not blood stream related but you can only get it on a prescription x

My allergies are killing me right now as well - plus I've got a chest cold on top of it... YAY!

I've been taking Reactine when it gets really bad. My doctor said that was okay

thanks ladies. i'm gonan go load up at the drug store today >.< hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back