kind of worried...

lovebug_11

Reaction score
well. this is my second child and is proving not to be as easy as the first, i have been having some kind of weird leaking, its not urine for sure and it has not really let up, in fact its gotten a little worse and is worse when i stand up after laying down for awhile. its just a little gush and then its nothing. im worried that its amniotic fluid but i dont want to rush off to the emergency room if its nothing. im 30 weeks now and the baby is still moving otherwise. i just dont know what to do...?? :sad1:

Sorry your experiencing this, it must be stressful. I would put on a pad and wait an hour. If it is damp I would head to L&D so they could do a strip test on it.

It does sound like amniotic fluid to me. When mine broke last time I was pregnant, every time my baby's head was blocking it, I was dry, but then after lying down or sitting down, once I'd stand up, a little gush would occur. I think you should definitely put a pad in and take it to have it checked out. If it is your waters, you'll need to be seen.

Good luck. xx

If i was you, i wouldn't be risking it, I'd be getting to the ER asap. I had bubs at 29 weeks (went into labour) and I'd had a leak at 18 weeks, and exactly what you are describing is what they said to look for. Could you ring the midwife to get you checked you instead?

I'd get it checked but it could very easily just be increased vaginal discharge. Quite a few of the girls I was bump buddies with when I had my first have found this with their second. Hope all is ok :)

no, i dont have a midwife...i could call my OB but i would get the answering service and they would probably just tell me to go to the er...i have been seeing my obgyn every 2 weeks for about 2 months now because they couldnt decide on a due date, ive had 4 ultrasounds and a colpo but i didnt think anything of it until it started getting worse lately. could they have made it worse by doing the colpo now instead of waiting until i delivered?

Ok... I'd still being going to the ER... If you lay down for 30mins and then stand up and a small gush comes out, it's likely fluid...

Friends of mine with babies at 25-30 weeks gestation when they were born and had there waters break hadn't realised... The quicker you can get steriods and antibiotics IF they havve broken, the better chances for your baby... I know I sound kind of like it's a big deal but for your babys sake... Please go.

I agree^^^ Please, go to the ER. Better safe than sorry, and they need to get those steroids in you if it's fluid. Very important for you little one.

Of course, it could just be discharge, but you really should get checked out right away.

well i went and got it looked at and me and baby are ok but im glad i had it checked out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->