Kinda upsetting-regarding finding out the sex~

AlbaAngel24

Mom of 1 expecting #2
Reaction score
Hellooo,,

So I went for my 20 week scan a week and a bit ago, and i asked them to find the gender out. They said it takes a week to find out ,and your doctors office will have the results. So, I call them, and they said the baby's gender was un-determined:(. I have another ultrasound to go to tommorow, thinking i would find out then. My doctor said they wont tell me /cant find out then, anddd if i want too i have to go do a private scan ,but there is a 3 week wait for it.

I was sooo eager and excited, and the thought of waiting 3 weeks is such a bummer.....Im thinking of just staying team yellow.... what do you ladies think!!!!

it sucks when u anticipate something so much and then you can't find out when your supposed too!

I don't even kind of understand why you would have to wait a week to find out the sex? :shrug: I mean either they can see parts on the ultrasound or they cant :shrug:

I would schedule a private scan :thumbup:

That's odd- I've never heard of them sending results to the doctor and waiting, etc. Here they just do the ultrasound, ask if you want to know the sex, and show you and tell you what it is then and there. I'm sorry you didn't get to find out :( I was going to be team yellow, but can't take it anymore.... if you can, that would be a great surprise at the birth, but it's totally up to you hun :)

yeah, i live in BC Canada,and apparently this is how it works. But the baby was being very uncooperative at our 20 week scan, which is why they are redoing it tommorow,I figured since they are re-doing it they could just search for it and tell me....

I think its a money scam! pshhh..sorry im just angry pants lol

I would be angry too! I know sometimes they just can't tell because baby isn't co-operating, but if they're rescanning you anyway, I don't see why they can't just check again!!!

We are definitely going to find out the sex, and if our 20 week scan can't tell us, we're doing a private scan.

I've been team yellow for 2 pregnancies, found out for my third, and plan on finding out with this one, too. It's great either way! If you can wait, it's a great surprise!

sorry to hear about your news - i would advise to stay team yellow - but its up to you - my hubby is desperate to find out but I am not - good luck no matter what xxxx

thats weird... I live in Quebec, Canada and the technician told me the sex while she was doing the scan, then 5 min later I had a doc confirm it.. the could just tell you.. they see it anyways.. try asking, maybe they will be more cooperative

I also live in bc. It is standard and is actually a law not to tell before twenty weeks, because there have been cases of women having abortions if they had the wrong gender. It is basically covering their own asses so they cannot get sued.

I know some techs will tell you, some wont. It completely depends on the clinic and the person. I didnt find out the gender of my son until 28weeks last time.. I have planned ahead this round and made a private scan appt weeks ago. I will have the private scan in a week and a half.

Ooh do it, stay team yellow....It's a fab feeling being told what you have after 9 months of waiting & all that hard work, I loved it & am team yellow again for my second!! But I obviously understand why people want to find out too.

Jayne x

that is a bummer...i honestly couldn't go team yellow...good luck

Wow that's odd. So far I have found out babies gender in saskatchewan and Alberta( first baby in sk second in Alberta) both times I was told Right at my ultrasound. with my first she kept her legs closed so we opted for a private just because I had to know and wanted to prepare. Second baby had her legs open so we could see but if she didn't I had a private 3d already booked just in case.

I dnt have the patience for team yellow but if you do then it's totally up to you!

yeah i mean i could pay for a scan, but ill have to wait three weeks!!! Plus there doing another ultrasound today and im sure theyll look for it....so why not just tell me. Im going to ask my doc anyway

Good luck today. I hope if they can see anything they just tell you. Its silly to make you wait.

Oh no what a disappointment!:( I'd get a private scan booked, maybe you can find somewhere with less of a wait time?

I live in Ontario, Canada, and at the 12 week scan the tech told me he also wouldn't be allowed to tell me the gender at the 20 week scan, because of hospital rules, and that I'd have to wait until my next doctor appt to find out. BUT he also told me that if I took my 20 week scan in another hospital, 1 hour away, they'd tell me right away there. He was very nice and admitted he didn't understand why my home town hospital made the silly rule to start with! So that's what I did, I drove to the other hospital, I couldn't wait! :D

so ladies, I went for my ultrasound it was sooo much better. The tech lady was so kind and was actually explaining what she was doing. She also made me feel calm by telling me from what she sees "babe" looks perfect. Although, I see my doctor today and then we'll go over all those tests and results then. ....The tech lady also said that she tried to look for the gender for fun, and my baby was being difficult again and she couldn't find it if she wanted tooo....lol so apparently im supposed to stay team yellow.

:) oh well, Im going to tell my doctor today that my experience at the first place was terrible....do you think she'll send me off for another scan? I mean , she does have the authority too?....Im going to play the guilt trip card!!!

Hmmm are they advertising for the private scan company? kind of odd...
at your 20weeks scan they should be able to tell the gender because it's the anatomy and morphology scan...

my baby is in a weird position for all my scan so far, so although my hospital won't tell the sex, im waiting for the scan and going to ask if it's worth booking a private scan to tell gender, if the baby is still in weird position next week, i'll take it as we are not meant to find out and just wait and see, if they say a scan would be sucessful, we'll book it and hope baby doesn't move about too much.

hopefully you wil have more luck at your next scan.

Hello Canadians!

I found this place called UC Baby - I went to them to hear/see the baby's heartbeat. It was $15 and they also show you the baby through 2d and 3d ultrasound. I'm certain they can tell you the sex.

https://www.uc-baby.com/en/locations/index.php#

It was the best $15 I ever spent when I needed reassurance in first tri. They have several locations in BC, Ontario and just about every other province.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->