• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Kinda worried - scan tomorrow at 4w2d

LaurenH2B

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I'm kinda worried, I got my bfp last thursday and since then i've had really really bad lower stomach pain (feels like trapped wind but is sooo painful) doesn't feel like cramps and I've had no bleeding.
I went to docs today and he felt my tummy and said he doesn't think it's ectopic (thankfully) but I am worried, and in pain, so he referred me to the early pregnancy unit for a scan tomorrow, has anyone else felt this pain before? And what will I see at 4w2d? will it just be a sac? And will it a transvaginal scan?

Thanks! Hoping my little seed is okay!!

Hoping that everything turns out great for you. it will be transvaginal for sure, and I cant picture seeing anything really, maybe a sac...maybe.
Doc may just be doing it to make sure the pregnancy is in the right spot. wishing you lots of good good good luck :hugs:

Pls do come to conclusions after the scan. It's very early to see anything... You could possibly see a gest sac for 4 weeks. they are just going to see if the preg is intrauterine to rule out ectopic.

Big hugs....

Hi, I had the same cramps your are describing when I was 4-5 weeks pregnant and went for a scan, it was a transvaginal scan. At my appointment she started out by scanning over my belly but couldn't see anything then she asked if I would like her to do a transvaginal scan so don't worry if you can't see anything if they do a regular scan first, the baby is so tiny at this point. I think all we saw of the baby was the sac and then a small blob inside but i can't fully remember. they may ask you back after two weeks to check again.
The cramps should go away after a while and shouldn't be anything to worry about. X

hey, just been for a scan and they couldn't see anything, but she said it was unlikely we'd see anything that early, but shes pretty certain it's not an ectopic which is good!
She said normally they can't see anything on a scan until hcg is around 1500, so i've had a blood test to check my levels, to make sure my levels aren't higher than that and we should be able to see something!

I'm getting a call back in the next couple hours so im hoping for good news!

Any idea what hcg should be around 4w2d?xx

OH and they said the pain was probably constipation!!! and i just need to drink more and eat more fibre, which is annoying because the pain is so bad, but im so pleased it isn't anything worse!!

Got my results back,
Hcg was 491 progesterone was 62!

Going back for another draw on Monday so hopefully it doubles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"