knock knock can I come in?

kaye

Reaction score
Hi

Good morning ladies.

Well we recently just got our first BFP after 5.5 years ttc and got success after our first round of icsi.

I am only 4 weeks 3 days so very early and I am very cautious.

As it was icsi we have an early scan on 9th March and I will be 7 weeks.

Just really want to meet some new buddies to go through this with.

CONGRATS to everyone on there pregnsncy x

Congratulations! We were ttc for 4years and finally managed it after 1 round of clomid!
Welcome, make yourself at home xx

Hi Kaye!

How are you doing?

I'm extremely nervous and although I have a few symptoms like sore boobs, tiredness, thirst, I've not had any real morning sickness.

My mind is trying to tell me this won't end well but I'm hoping that's a defensive thing.

I have my scan on 5th March, bet that time will drag :/

Congratulations :)
I been trying for 14 months and got my first ever bfp on valentines day.. Im worried everyday and been suffering with really bad cramps and keep thinking it's not a good sign
I went to my doctors but he said I won't be allowed a scan till i'm 12 weeks so got another 7 weeks to wait

Hope it all goes well for you :)

I been trying for 14 months and got my first ever bfp on valentines day.. Im worried everyday and been suffering with really bad cramps and keep thinking it's not a good sign
I went to my doctors but he said I won't be allowed a scan till i'm 12 weeks so got another 7 weeks to wait

You could always pay for an early private scan. They're around £120.

I'll be having one at our ivf clinic at 7 weeks but I'll pay privately for another one at about 9-10 weeks

Hi.

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes all I got is sore boobs and slight cramps on and off. That's it but it's early. I'm sure by 6 weeks we will all have more.

Congrats to everyone x

You could always pay for an early private scan. They're around £120.

I'll be having one at our ivf clinic at 7 weeks but I'll pay privately for another one at about 9-10 weeks

Yh I been looking around and emailing as I think it would make me feel a little at ease

thank you for the advice :)

Hey everyone. I just found out I am pregnant after doing IVF. I would love to be part of an active group. I am still in my TTC group as we are all very close, but I do not want to post a lot of pregnancy stuff. Seems insensitive. We found out on 2/3. I have told my mom, sister, nephews. My husband told his cousin. I will be telling my sted dad tonight. I bought personalized candy wrappers to tell the rest of the family. They are all out of state.

We have been preparing for this for a long time. No birth control for 12 years. Been actively TTC with fertility treatments/testing for about 18 months. So I am constantly shopping even before IVF. I just bought a ton of maternity & hit the jackpot at a Goodwill store with tons of tops/dresses I should be able to wear for a while.

I also just had to buy new bras. I tried them on last night & not sure they are the right size. But I am keeping them for if I get bigger. I plan to go back & look at a smaller band size. I was a 34A & bought 36B because my bras felt tight all over. It feels so weird to be wearing the bigger size.

I have just started feeling nauseous but no throwing up. The only other symptoms are the bigger & sore boob along with off & on cramping.

Oh & my first u/s is the 27th.

Hey Kaye and Beth!! So happy to see you two here. I was feeling a little lonesome while waiting for the others :).

Hi Beaglemom, I've been stalking your thread at the Assisted section and happy to see you here! I just bought a crib and a hugaboo. A few maternity clothes since my lower belly is not getting any smaller. I know you are in U.S. Btw, not sure if you like online shopping. But Zulily is having maternity bras and panties on sale today! And if you sign up for Ebates, you'll get 1% back :D.

All I am going to say regarding symptoms is to wait...2 more weeks! Hopefully, you'll have it easier than I have. I've picked my favorite spot to puke! The kitchen sink! I hate throwing up in public bathroom. Hate it so much to the point that I've been trying everything I could not to throw up in the office bathroom. I found that drinking hot lemon herbal tea helps w/ nausea. Just in case any of you are feeling it :).

Congrats beagle mom!

Wow you ladies are super organised . I must admit we went looking at shops last night ha ha. Couldn't resist but haven't brought anything yet.

Beaglemom have you got early scan booked?

ILT - hey glad to hear from you again. Take it MS no better then?

Kaye...pssshh...MS comes and goes whenever it likes. One day I feel ok the next...I just want to hug the kitchen sink lol. Not complaining so far. It's a weird assurance. Guess what I did? I POAS again this morning hahahahaah. I have 2 sticks left so figured...what the heck?...might as well pee on them so I don't have to pack them :D.

Any of you taking PIO shots or progesterone suppositories?

In all honesty, I wasn't planning to buy any baby items since we are moving. But, the crib was on sale and I couldn't help myself and so was the hugaboo. All the babies items are expensive, so I am trying to buy a couple of items each month so it won't be too shocking. But I think the first thing I bought was maternity clothes instead of baby items :D. Are you thinking of buying anything any time soon or going to wait until your first U/S?

Hi ladies and congratulations to you all! I got my bfp after 13 months of ttc. I've had my first appointment for blood work and all, but I won't have an ultrasound until March 3rd. This is my first pregnancy so I'm nervous and worried about everything. I'm trying to remain cautious until I hear the heartbeat, but I'm so ready to start ordering maternity clothes and planning the nursery. It's difficult to reign yourself in when you're so excited about something you've wanted for so long. No real symptoms here other than heartburn, which makes me concerned, but I'm trying to be grateful and optimistic. =)

My scan is on the 27th...can not come soon enough!

I really hope I don't start getting sick anytime soon. I want to hold off telling the people at work, but throwing up may clue them in!

I had heard sour candy helps nausea, so I bought some lemon candy.

I have been buying a lot on ebay. But I think I will stick to local for bras...so I can easily try on or return.

I plan to get most of my furniture at Ikea. I have most picked out already. But the closest is 3 hrs away. So I am waiting for warmer weather & a weekend my husband is off with me to make the drive.

I have been also searching yard sales for things. I found a bumbo chair for $5! It has a recall but I ordered the repair kit & it was sent for free. Also if you are in the US look for a store called Once Upon a Child. It has used items & most are really good condition.

We were determiend we would get pregnant so I have been buying things here & there for a year. We found great deals on a stroller, monitor, & breast pump at Target for like 70% off. So we bought them even before IVF!

Hi Dandi and congrats to you too! Heartburn is a symptom! My friend who had twins did not have any symptoms at all. So, it's different for everyone :D.

Beaglemom, I love Ikea! hmmm...I am going to try sour candy. Thinking about it makes my teeth hurt :D. When is your candy wrapper suppose to arrive? Awesome idea btw :D. You are the shopping queen! Love your positive attitude and awesome finding on sale. Maybe it'll rub off me a bit ahahah :D.

Hi Dandi and congrats to you too! Heartburn is a symptom! My friend who had twins did not have any symptoms at all. So, it's different for everyone :D.

Beaglemom, I love Ikea! hmmm...I am going to try sour candy. Thinking about it makes my teeth hurt :D. When is your candy wrapper suppose to arrive? Awesome idea btw :D. You are the shopping queen! Love your positive attitude and awesome finding on sale. Maybe it'll rub off me a bit ahahah :D.

They arrived yesterday. I got them at personalizationmall.com. Not very expensive either. 24 wrappers plus I have to buy the candy was about $30 all together. But I did not have enough for the people at work. So trying to figure out something there. I am leaning towards a little baggie of blue candy with a note tag on it with the details.

Everyone on the threads say I am the queen of shopping! It just kept me in a positive additude this whole time. We showed everything to my mom & she was like really? That is too many baby clothes. But my thinking is this...at least 2 outfits a day times 7 days...AT LEAST! I do not want laundry to rule my life so I would rather have too many.

Blue M&Ms? That's the only blue candy that I can think of. That's a cute idea too Beaglemom! That sounds about right regarding the outfit. I can't wait to start shopping for baby's clothes. I just need to know the gender first since I don't want to buy everything neutral color. Plus, it's hard to tell if a baby is a boy or girl so I think clothing helps determine that :D. arrggghh..I want to go shopping now. Let's go Beaglemom! hahahaah. All my determination to work today just goes down hill.

Hi and welcome Dandi. Congrats on the BFP. yes I read heartburn a symptom and I was woken in the night with it actually.

Beaglemom 27th will be here before you know it. Mine isn't until 9th March. Feels like forever away.

ILT - I also retested yesterday with a cheapie tesco one. It's deffo got darker and the line alot thicker 😆 I just need reassurance.

I am going to wait till ultrasound before I buy anything. However, I think my boobs have already grown, they feel massive and heavy so may need to get a decent maternity bra pretty quick. Also they have a shine to them!! Strange but true and hubby pointed it out last night too ha ha

I was on extra meds because of the IVF, but I think my boobs grew fast, too. Yesterday when I was in the fitting room I was like yeh, I cannot wear this bra anymore! For a woman to be an A cup & not suddenly spilling out of a bra...very weird feeling.

I have a ton of cheap tests & I am still sneaking some in here & there.

I am on crinone progesterone twice a day until told otherwise.

I just went to Hobby Lobby & loaded up on things to announce it at work. After searching for blue candy & thinking about cakes or cupcakes or whatever...I finally decided on cupcakes. Cheap & easy. So I bought a card board cupcake tower, some It's a Boy flags to put in them, napkins, & some blue paper to write the announcement. I work at a bank, so I am set up kind of weird. I plan to set it all up in a room behind the teller line. But not everyone goes back there. So I am putting a few on people's desks with a little note card. I also found this cute small easel...chalkboad on one side & dry erase on the other. I will use it for the cupcake tower display. I also plan to use it to mark days on my bump pics when we start those.

Am I being egotistical with all this? I just really want to enjoy the surprise factor. I think after so long I just want to go all out & enjoy all of it! And I think I should be able to enjoy it however I want!

Kaye, shiny BBs! LOL :D. You know I haven't paid mine much attention lately :p. I totally understand the need for reassurance and waiting to buy stuff :D.

Beaglemom, I don't think so! It's your pregnancy and it's all about you! Who cares what other people want to think? If they don't like it, don't eat the cupcake! Hah! To be honest, I am actually a bit jealous of you....good jealousy though..not the catty kind (if there is even such thing) :D. I love it that you enjoy your pregnancy so much. I am just a bit worried since little one is measure 3 days behind. So hopefully, I can enjoy my pregnancy as much as you in a week :D. You've been waiting for so long so do whatever you want to do :D. It's nice that you can do that with your office. I think your idea with the cupcake tower is pretty awesome :D. Do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"