Lab Results

CrystalJMM

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I finally got my lab work back from my blood draw on Monday...she said my HCG was 5892...that seems really low to me. I was supposed to be spot on 6 weeks on Monday. With my son I was 6 weeks 1 day when I had my blood drawn and the numbers were over 40,000.

She said everything is fine but I'm even more nervous now. I was really looking forward to a number around the same as I had with my son and for it to be SO much lower has really frightened me.

I've also been cramping pretty badly for the last 2 days (which she also said is normal) - I know everything CAN be normal but it can also be bad.

Anyone have their HCG numbers around 6 weeks? I'm pretty sure of my dates as we only DTD once last month right around the time I got my positive OPKS.

*sigh* :cry:

At 6+1 with my dd my numbers were 1041 and she's 9 months old now. Your numbers are great, well within the normal range and it's how they double that's important, not the actual number itself.

numbers can be sooooo different in every pregnancy, and the spectrum for being ok is soooo large. In my last pregnancy my number at 6 weeks was like 40 000..that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage...this time 5 weeks 5 days it was 12 000, 7 weeks 4 days now and ill have my first ultrasound tomorrow. Its not the Number that they look at most, its the doubling time. Good luck!

Thanks to you both.

They aren't planning on drawing any more blood so we won't know if they are doubling. :(

That's another concern I have.

Crystal I wouldn't worry. Beta numbers in my opinion are another new invention that cause excessive stress and worry. Your number is normal but truthfully if I may speak bluntly it's IMHO largely pointless to follow beta doubling anyway. With both of my miscarriages my betas ended up doubling beautifully and I lost them anyway.

On the other hand, you often see women very excited to see the doubling betas go on to have a no heartbeat scan.

Other women will have very low HCG and not double and tell you about their adorable toddlers so...long story short I think we put way too much into betas these days.

The higher the beta and the better doubling obviously makes us all feel good but on the other hand when they aren't as high as others or don't double as fast women end up stressing and panicking.

Your number is normal and cramping is normal. I would stay positive and consider yourself on the way to holding your baby!

Crystal I wouldn't worry. Beta numbers in my opinion are another new invention that cause excessive stress and worry. Your number is normal but truthfully if I may speak bluntly it's IMHO largely pointless to follow beta doubling anyway. With both of my miscarriages my betas ended up doubling beautifully and I lost them anyway.

On the other hand, you often see women very excited to see the doubling betas go on to have a no heartbeat scan.

Other women will have very low HCG and not double and tell you about their adorable toddlers so...long story short I think we put way too much into betas these days.

The higher the beta and the better doubling obviously makes us all feel good but on the other hand when they aren't as high as others or don't double as fast women end up stressing and panicking.

Your number is normal and cramping is normal. I would stay positive and consider yourself on the way to holding your baby!

Thank you! I wish I could relax I think I just have a bad feeling about this pregnancy because it happened so fast. I feel like it's too good to be true.

I just need to relax....thank you for replying. :)

At 5w6d (so one day shy of 6 weeks) my HCG was 7,600-something. It wouldn't have been anywhere near 40,000 the next day. I really think that there is such a wide range of what's normal. One beta value alone can't really tell you much about the health of your pregnancy. Fingers crossed for you!

At 4+4 my hcg was only 2,700
Your numbers look good :) congrats momma

At 4+4 my hcg was only 2,700
Your numbers look good :) congrats momma

At 4w6d my HCG was only 664. I'm 16 weeks pregnant now. This shows what a wide variation there is in "normal" values. :)

I'd probably request another draw just for peace of mind but if you look at the "normal" ranges, you're definitely sitting nicely. I know it's much easier said than done but try not to stress about it too much. Congratulations! :flower:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 8

totally agree with this, they don't even do them over here xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"