Labor...what is it like

withpeapod

Reaction score
As I approach the third trimester I cant help getting worked up whenever I think about what is going to happen quite soonish! I think maybe I have been fooling myself with "oh its ages away yet" so I dont have to think about it, and now its just smacked me in the nose!

So...as a first time mummy its all new to me and Ive heard nice stories and also horror stories...anyone care to tell me what they felt?

XXX

I've never experienced labour, and like you have heard good and bad stories.

The one thing I keep thinking to myself, is no matter how painful / horrible labour is... it must be worth it when you get given your little baby because so many women go on to have more children :)

my mum says its painful, very painful, but its the kind of pain you forget when you see your LO. Why would people keep having babies otherwise?

yes im not going to lie, it is painful, and uncomfortable.
But its a fantastic feeling as well, i had 1st two kids with help from gas and air lol, However as soon as labour is finished and your cuddling or feeding your newborn in your arms, love emotion is so over whelming, you will forget about the pain your in.
It seems hard to believe you will forget pain but honestly you do.

Hi!
There are always good and bad stories because labour can be very unpredictable!! I had a bad experience with my daughter, and a very good one with my son! All I can say is try and relax (I know, easier said than done!) and listen to what your body tells you! Also, don't be scared to ask for pain relief i.e epidural! I planned for a natural birth with my daughter, but ended up having EVERYTHING haha! With my son, only gas and air! So, every labour differs and you'll find out what yours will be like in a matter of weeks! Good luck :hugs: xxxxx

Everyones different.........I hope your like my friend, she had the birth of all births....not a bother :) me...didnt get anywhere after 4 hours and LO started getting distressed etc so I had an emergency c-section.....pain from the contractions was intense but I didnt give a fig once I got my epidural near the end.......

and yes you forget all about it when you see your LO :cloud9:

With ds1, I felt period pain-like cramps, which gradually got worse over a few hours until they felt like the type of gripping pain you get when you have really bad food poisoning. Then they were every few minutes. They took my breath away and I could think of nothing other than the pain until each contraction was over. I found pethidine helped at this stage. Eventually I felt the need to push, like needing a no.2. This was also extremely painful and a bit like trying to pass a huge hard stool, which is full of glass, while you have bad piles :shock:. This pushing stage lasted about an hour. With ds2, I went from nothing, then my waters broke. I immediately had severe contractions. This lasted for one hour, then my baby shot out with no pushing required! :shock: I wish I could say it was more pleasant, but it is worth it. You get a lovely afterglow immediately afterwards, and of course you have that lovely baby to holdxxxx :happydance::cloud9::flower: Good luck for yours!

Would want to add that those days were the best days of my life, despite the pain......:flower::thumbup::happydance::cloud9:

You can't really explain it until you feel it, kwim?

However, it isn't as bad as people make out. My best advice to you is to go with the flow and keep your options open to pain relief as pregnancy, labour and childbirth is totally unpredictable.

I can only speak from my one previous experience - I said I'd never do it again but here I am! No point in worrying about it - it's going to happen anyway!
It hurt. A lot. A lot, lot, lot. Like nothing I've ever felt before or since. It was completely all encompassing. BUT, it's only for a few hours, and you kind of forget pretty quickly when there are big newborn eyes gazing at you. Completely worth it, but this time I'm tempted to ask for more than gas & air!

I alreayd want an epidural and i have six months to go! I am a realist

Am I the only one to not be scared of labor and actually excited about it because I know at the end I'll have my beautiful baby boy? Lmao, or do I just sound weird x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->