Labour after a massive gap

AndiLou74

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im 39 years old now and thought my child bearing days were pretty much over. My first baby was born in 1997 and she is 16 now. My second baby was born in 1999 and she is now 14. I am due to give birth to my 3rd baby girl in around 8/10 weeks and I was wondering if anyone had any experience of labour and delivery after such a massive gap.
Did anyone find that it was harder / easier / like starting again with the first baby? or shall I just judge this, play it by ear and accept that every labour and delivery is completely different regardless of the time gap etc...?

im wondering the same. my daughter is 16 and my son is 11. i was admitted into hospital 5.30am on saturday in pre-term labour. i was 1-2cms dilated and 50% effaced already. my daughters labour was only 5hrs 37 mins and my son was just over an hour x

Hi ladies no help as such from me as i have a 21 ,17 and 16 year old so large gap for me also .
My pregnancy has been the best so far and i feel amazing so im hoping labour will be a breeze . Havnt things changed ? . xx

Hi ladies, i had a large gap with my last dd. There's 13 years between my youngest and my next dd then another two between my oldest two. My pregnancies and labours with my oldest two were quite straight forward and relatively quick at 5 and 6 hours from start to finish. My dd3 pregnancy was hampered with SPD from 16 weeks then induced at 38 weeks due to pre-e. The actual induction went really well, i was induced at 4.45 pm and i had her at 11.52pm and i managed on gas and air and paracetamol quite well. I hemorrhaged quite badly afterwards though and needed a lot of blood so was in hospital longer than i had been for my other two.
This time has been a whole different story. I had bad HG from 5 weeks to 17 weeks and on a few different types of medication to control it, im still sick every morning now but its easily manageable. They found problems at my 12 week nuchal tests but wernt sure what it was so i had an extra scan at 16 weeks and they discovered my placenta wasnt functioning properly so scheduled more scans to keep an eye on it. At my 20 week scan they also discovered that my placenta was starting to separate away. Things seemed to be going ok until 32 weeks when she started to slow down in growth so im at the hospital twice a week for monitoring. Im also hobbling around on my crutches for my SPD again and looking after a 3 year old. To top it all of, shes breech too. Its safe to say, this time round has been soooo stressful and im totally done, no more babies for me

Blimey that sounds like my last pregnancy 14 years ago. Everything went wrong with that pregnancy. From Hyperemesis starting at 7 weeks up until delivery, SPD from 23 weeks, Hardly any amniotic fluid, IUGR, massive bleed afterwards due to a retained placenta that had to be removed in surgery. I said absolutely no more after that and here I am again. This time the nausea has been worse but not actually as sick but have developed quite severe SPD again which started at 28 weeks. I am hoping that the labour will be fairly straight forward (it was with number 2 apart from all the complications) I'm not really worrying as what will be will be however my first was a back labour, that thought makes me feel a little bit uncomfortable eeeek

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->