labour ideas?? HELPP!!!!

mya18

Reaction score
This is going to sound so stupid but i am really really confused lol..i am tiny and only 17 as ive mentioned on here already and ive been put down for a water birth with no pain relief..am i becomeing a bit insane lol..is this the right thing to do anyone got any ideas xx

The best thing to do is Stay open minded, dont get too hung up about pain relief you may need it in the end, or may end up as a section so best thing to do is not get dissapointed if things dont go to plan!!

Im not that brave lol!!

Good luck im sure it'll be perfect supposed to be a wonderful experiance.

I was going to say the same as what Sapphire20 said. Go for the water birth but you can always change your mind once you are there and if you feel you want pain relief then have it but dont disappointed with yourself. Good luck with it all x

I agree with the others. Stay open minded about pain relief. With a water birth you can have gas and air, and other stuff.

My mum said she didn't want pain relief but as soon as labour started she was begging for an epidural.

I'm seeing an anethetist next week to see if I can have an epidural early due to health problems... I don't see the point of being in pain if you have other options.

But good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Thats what I want - watch some waterbirths on youtube they are lovely :)

im 17 and want a water birth with alittle pain relief as possible "dream world" lol

But im keeping an open mind on the whole thing

Like others have said, best approach to labour is being opened minded, not going in there saying im having this im having that.
Water births are meant to help with contraction pain, take off all pressure to your pelvis making it easier for baby to travel down the birth canal. Im sure you'll cope fine.
I was 18 when i give birth for first time.
1 thing i can give advice on is dont be stubburn and decline pain relief if your really need it, longer you leave it less affect it has on your contractions. :)

Thats what I want - watch some waterbirths on youtube they are lovely :)

Yeah I totally agree with that SC!

Your birth plan should be YOUR decision and you shouldn't be 'put down' for anything you have not agreed to. Just research all your options and make sure you speak up about it. You've probably already seen but here is a good site where you can read about others's experiences.

I'm going for labour in the water, don't think I'll be delivering in the water though.
Good luck! x

i was 17 when had my 9lb 3.5oz baby, and that was on the drip to get contractions started... and im alive to tellthe tale :D

i wasn't allowed t move off bed dueto continuous monitoring and i had gas and air and then pethidine... but only because ex and midwife thought it would be a good idea!!

as far as labour/painrelief don'tset yourself up foraperfect water birth because plns change and so does what you want and what works for you. what works for others might not work for you. don't be set on 1 thing and then you can't be disapointed. it doesn't hurt to read up about other methods of delivering and pain relief. the more informed and open you are the better!

you'll dofine, don't worry! women have been giving birth for thousands of years and have managed! it's what your body is designed for :D

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"