Labour? *UPDATED PG 1*

P

Pudding-x123

It has been mentioned quite a few times by various people that they think I am in slow prem labour!!:shrug:

I don't know why they think this.

I am hoping to get some answers, does anybody know any possible things that can trigger early labour, that I may have done.

I'm at a loss!

xxx

Update 7/4/09

Hi ladies, just thought I'd update you! Today I woke up with terrible backache, I eventually got up and my backache subsided. I am now sitting in the recliner chair, with a "Cramp" style pain in my left side. It has started to go now. No other pains as of yet. Bub is kicking like mad, and kept me awake most of the night with kicks.

I am putting off ringing midwife for now as I don't want to be a pain in the bottom. My mother thinks I should wait a while and see what happens.

xxxxxx More update's to come!

What makes them think that and were they just 'people' or medically trained?

If you are in pre term labour there is nothing that you could have done to cause it, but you need to go see your midwife as you should be getting steroid injections for a start.

Hope you aren't ... keep us posted... I will be thinking of you today...

Okay my dear.....Who thinks your in PTL...and what is going on? are you still having pains that come and go? have you talked with your doctor???

You need to be seen if your having ANY one or mulitple signs of PTL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just in the hospital yesterday for low back pain and cramps....and I was in labor!! I am currently 1cm dialated and 80% thinned out....I was put on mag to stop the labor and now on strict bedrest along with terbulatine to keep me from having baby.

This is not something you should wait and see sweetie....you NEED to get on a monitor and see if your having contractions!! It's sometimes hard to tell when your early on b/c they don't always feel like contractions.

I want to know your symptoms please......!

https://www.babyandbump.com/premature-babies/13638-preterm-labour-signs-symptoms.html go here and see if you think u have any signs xxx

Unless its a doctor or midwife that has told you then i wouldn't worry too much hon, i think you should know if you are by either losing some fluid, waters breaking, having a show, back aches, cramps etc. Try not too worry too much if you need some clearer answers get your midwife to check you out. Thinking of you hon x

-An increase of vaginal discharge
-Menstrual like cramping occasionally
-Increase in pressure in the pelvic area
-Low back pain or pressure, or a change in the nature of lower backache
-Intense pelvic pressure

Plus I have been VERY red cheeked, hot faced, and generally not feeling well.
I had a quite bad cramping sensation on the bottom left of my stomach which lasted about 5minutes the other night but has not returned. The doctor when I was in hospital checked my stomach (By prodding) to see if I was having contractions but said I wasn't.

Thats good news that the doc said you're not having contractions. Understandably you're worried hon, pregnancy does that to all of us... all the symptoms you described although could be ptl could also just be those lovely symptoms of pregnancy, or perhaps you're coming down with something? I've recently had a virus and felt so so bad, even more so that i'm pregnant as your immunity is down and you feel it more. Just keep on eye on yourself, you'll be fine, but if you are worried then don't hesitate about going to see your midwife or to hospital, take care x

Hey hun, Sounds like you could be in early labor. I'd call the midwife immediately and let her know what you're experiencing. I think you need to be monitored closely just in case. Better safe than sorry! Please rest and take it easy and keep us posted ok! :hugs: Hope you and LO will be alright!

Sweetie ...just b/c he couldnt feel contractions doesnt mean your not having them hun. You need to be put on a montior, have a FFN done, and have your cervix checked. Please get in ASAP! Better safe then sorry.

I am with Gabreille... better safe than sorry... call your dr or MW and get in to see them....

Update 7/4/09

Hi ladies, just thought I'd update you! Today I woke up with terrible backache, I eventually got up and my backache subsided. I am now sitting in the recliner chair, with a "Cramp" style pain in my left side. It has started to go now. No other pains as of yet. Bub is kicking like mad, and kept me awake most of the night with kicks.

I am putting off ringing midwife for now as I don't want to be a pain in the bottom. My mother thinks I should wait a while and see what happens.

xxxxxx More update's to come!

I was always told that while your pregnant dont be scared of being a drama queen.. even if you think you are making mountains out of mole hills.. its your babies life possibily at risk. Dont mask problems for the fear of being seen as a pain in the bum. Its good to say all the things you said on thius thread.. however embarrassed and trivial they seem to you.
I would still get things checked out by MW.. or just phone her.. just to be on the safe side. :hug:
Hopefully it is nothing..

The pains you are talking about this morning sound like maybe normal leginament pain. I would say if the cramping is more throughout your pelvis and seems to come and go call right away. if you aren't feeling better in a few hours please just phone the doctor....

hoping to just reassure you, i had this 4weeks ago and started a thread about it in 3rd tri, the conclusion everyone came to was the the baby was getting into position hence the aches and pains. i hope everything is ok for you hun. heres the thread that i started with some answers which i hope might put your mind at rest a bit more xx https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/108486-cramps-period-pains-braxton-hicks.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->