Labour Ward Visit

Carlyanne15

Reaction score
On Sunday, OH and i are going to the hospital for a tour of the Labour ward.
Can i just ask, has many others done this and if so what questions did you ask.

I'm interested about asking about if the have a CD player, and the use of oils if i can have my water birth...... however lord only knows the Consultant will advise my options when i see him at 32week scan

What hospital are you going to? I see your from Herts!

I went on my tour and i didnt even need to ask anything because all my questions were answered from what i could see and the midwife was saying! I saw a cd player in every room on the delivery suit so didnt need to ask about that! If you cant see one, I would definitely ask about it!

I had my tour a few weeks ago and, as MissJacey said, I didn't need to ask anytihg in the end. They will bombard you with info - don't worry!!!

I havent been on a tour this time! I went on one with my 1st, that was at Watford and didnt need to ask any questions as the other girls said they answered them anyway. This time im going to Welwyn but decided not to go on a tour as i know what it looks like and i know what to expect.

Missjacey what hospital are you going to?

:hugs:

My hospital has a delivery suite and a birth centre and I've had tours of both. They are very detailed with their tours so I never had to ask anything, they have very good facilities so I won't be needing to bring much. Defo ask about the CD player if they don't mention it and if they don't have one then your own personal mp3 or ipod should do the trick. x

What hospital are you going to? I see your from Herts!

I went on my tour and i didnt even need to ask anything because all my questions were answered from what i could see and the midwife was saying! I saw a cd player in every room on the delivery suit so didnt need to ask about that! If you cant see one, I would definitely ask about it!

I'm having Squiggle at Harlow, I live in Herts Bishops Stortford, so could of opted for either Cambridge, Welwyn or Harlow.
Harlow's the closest to me so figured would be the best option.

Thanks for your help
c x

I took my tour during the 2nd tri. It was so nice to know exactly what was what and know where I would be. I highly recommend everyone do this. I felt so relieved being able to ask questions and get familiar with my surroundings.

aww i want to see what mine looks like, i am asking the next app at the hospital. Hopefully they do them here.

aww i want to see what mine looks like, i am asking the next app at the hospital. Hopefully they do them here.[/QUOTE

Think most hospitals do them honey, hope you manage to book it
x

On Sunday, OH and i are going to the hospital for a tour of the Labour ward.
Can i just ask, has many others done this and if so what questions did you ask.

I'm interested about asking about if the have a CD player, and the use of oils if i can have my water birth...... however lord only knows the Consultant will advise my options when i see him at 32week scan

Mine was good, tbh the leader answered everyone's questions before we could ask. Guess they get a lot of the same questions.

At my hospital, they provided cd players and essential oils, i'm not sure they allow the oils in the pool though, only the bath or on material but that may depend on your hospital. You should be able to have a water birth as long as you don't have any problems in pregnancy and labour. Good luck!

I hadnt even thought of going for a look round lol ... eeek!!

I havent been on a tour this time! I went on one with my 1st, that was at Watford and didnt need to ask any questions as the other girls said they answered them anyway. This time im going to Welwyn but decided not to go on a tour as i know what it looks like and i know what to expect.

Missjacey what hospital are you going to?

:hugs:

Im going to welwyn too! Heard both good and bad things about it and of corse there are two birthing pools if i change my mind when im there!

I hadnt even thought of going for a look round lol ... eeek!!

Have you been offered 1? some tours are incorported in antenatal (parentcraft) class so u might get a tour anyway if u signed up for a class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"