Labour watch thread? Anyone else?

Ooh fingers crossed you've made some progress at your appointment.
I'm starting to find that for me, walking, bouncing, epo, cowboy strides upstairs etc don't work to make any progress lol. So Im not making any extra effort to do these anymore haha.
Baby is really low for me too...however, she has gone from 3/5 engaged to 1/5 engaged in the space of a week. Doh!

MW for me on Wed at 39+6 where she will be booking me in for induction....
So, trying to get as much rest as possible as clearly I have made my womb too comfy for her lol. X

I'll have to ask my midwife at my appointment today when they'll plan to induce if I go past my due date. I'm not sure if they'll want to schedule induction at my 40 week to not let me go past 41 weeks or if they'll wait until 41 weeks to check me and then schedule induction from there.

Yea always good to ask! I am consultant led for BP complications so he doesn't let me go past 41 weeks. So essentially I have a week and a half to get things moving. Either way, baby will be here between now and then! Scary thought lol x

You're only a few days behind me, how do u feel? X

Good luck at your appt today Lenora!!

Thanks! When is your next appointment? I'm actually still hoping this baby will be born on your due date as it's also my birthday. Part of me would prefer earlier just for the discomfort... :haha:

Omg special!! Sharing bdays! My brothers bday is Feb 8th so we keep joking my son will be born then and be just the pain in the butt that my brother is to my parents!! Lol

My next Dr appt is tomorrow actually! My doctor is on vacation this week so it's with her partner in her practice who I've seen a couple of times and hes very nice. But it will be interesting to see their differences in how dialated he thinks I am vs my regular doctor who is a woman. Also she said she would begin inducing or doing membrane stripping in week 39 so I want to ask for one for this Friday or Monday coming up since my parents will be in town but I don't know what this doctors policies are. So we shall see!

How was your appt? Any further dialation?

I've dilated a little more (my midwife said definitely a full cm, maybe a little more), but now I'm 60% effaced! Progress!

I started having contractions yesterday that were definitely a different kind. Definitely painful and required concentration on breathing and seem to start in my back and wrap around the front. I was having these contractions while in the waiting room at my doctor's office. My appointment was supposed to be 2:30 and I wasn't called back until well after 3, so I was in there a while having contractions. I had one good long one as I was called back and weighed in that didn't let up until after I sat down on the table to have my blood pressure taken. My blood pressure was high (155, though she didn't mention the bottom number), so my midwife took my blood pressure again a few minutes later when she came in the room and it was still 140. After my appointment they sent me to the lab to give urine and blood samples to test for preeclampsia. They should have results back tomorrow, and if anything comes back abnormal they'll induce me.

I don't have any other symptoms of preeclampsia that can't be explained by other things, other than possibly overactive reflexes. I gained a few pounds in the past week, which was a little odd since I had lost a little and then stayed pretty steady for a week or two, but I did eat more junk than normal this weekend and my body has a history of responding quickly to bad eating habits on the scale. The high blood pressure could just be due to the contractions I was having right before it was checked, especially since a few minutes later it had lowered some. Plus I'd had a lot of salty foods and some fried foods the past couple of days. The only thing that seemed odd was when my midwife went to check me, my leg jerked really fast as soon as she touched my leg (I'm pretty ticklish and jumpy in general) and I accidentally kicked her. Not hard at all, but she said it was a first. So perhaps that's related to preeclampsia?

I was woken up last night by some pretty painful contractions that started in my back. I have no idea how long I was having them as I didn't look at the clock until I realized they weren't stopping and figured I should see how close together they were. I actually felt the need for some counter pressure, so they must have been pretty decent contractions. Baby was squirming around during these contractions, so that probably added a bit of pain. I've had some of those contractions this morning as well. Hopefully this means either way it won't be long until baby decides to make an appearance regardless of a possible induction date!

Sorry, I wrote a novel there, didn't I?:haha:

Glad you're making some progression Lenora! I bet it feels like a massive weight off your shoulders knowing that your body is doing something to get baby out! The contractions sound positive too, well, as positive as pain could be.

Sorry about the other stuff though. It's probably the last thing you need right now. I wonder if your BP was high because of the contractions you were having, like you said. Hopefully that's all it is. My Midwives thought I had pre-e with DD because of the horrific reflux I was suffering (couldn't actually lie down even to have a listen to baby on the Doppler without vomiting blood) but I got lucky and had no pre-e.

I'm feeling pretty down right now. I had kinda expected baby to be here by now. OH's baby's were both early (38 weeks and 39) so I had hoped that this one would be a little early too. It's the middle of summer here and I'm struggling sooo much. I've even stopped having pre-labour symptoms - I had blood in my mucus discharge but that's stopped, the loose BMs have stopped, I'm convinced he's not sitting low anymore. Maybe my body just doesn't know how to birth a baby on its own and I'll have to be induced again. :(

I see the OB tomorrow, so hopefully he does a s&s or at least an exam to give me some hope of things changing.

Just got back from midwife
4 days ago I was long posterior hard and fully closed.

Today I am low, forward soft and stretchy and 2-3cm dilated.....

She gave a 'bloody good sweep' and sent me on my way to wait for baby to make an appearance.....

Just need these contractions to kick start.

I have a lot of pain and back ache so have my fingers crossed.

Fx you'll both have some real labor starting soon!!

No preeclampsia for me! All tests came back normal, so I'd say it was likely the contractions that caused the high blood pressure. Not as much action with contractions today, but I've been on my feet more today cleaning and scrubbing and organizing. I had some appointments this afternoon and seemed to have more contractions while sitting in the car than I had the entire day! So strange, I would think being on my feet would give me more contractions.

+tive thoughts- that's great news!!! With so much progression so quickly you are well on your easy to seeing baby soon!

Lenora- thank goodness no pre-e!! I notice I can time my contractions a lot easier at night than when busy during the day- I think you just don't realize them as much when you're busy (at least these semi-painful ones I'm having!) plus my doctor said that even though everyone tells you to walk and stay active once you feel your contractions begin- he said you should actually get rest as your body needs to prepare for the upcoming labor!

Well that's me reached my due date.
I have been getting contractions since yesterday early evening...and throughout the night. Mostly around 10-12 mins apart...lasting between 60-90 sec sometimes they have taken a bit of a stall and the odd one has been 20 mins apart.
They are so painful, I know they must be doing something!

I have been getting blood on my pad - a tiny bit each time I've been to the toilet.

This is it, isn't it? I really do hope this doesn't taper off....
I cant imagine that with the amount of pain that comes with these contractions that it will.... but, who knows eh? X

Sounds like the real thing to me, especially with the bleeding! I hope that labor keeps up and you'll be holding your sweet baby before you know it! Good luck!!

I like the idea of trying to sleep between contractions as long as I'm able! Sounds like good advice. Granted, that may not be an option considering it's difficult to sleep while in pain.

Still here.
Still contracting irregularly. The intensity of the contractions pain is high and they last over a minute each...I just can't get them to come closer that 15-20 mins apart. Sometimes as long as 30 mins between.
It's so frustrating,I've been walking...I've bounced on my ball.
I don't know what else to do really...other than wait.

I've had a LOT of bloody mucous plug today, it is amazing how much there is!!

Ugh, I'm in for another long night 😩

I hope they start to get closer together! We need a baby!

My (labour) watch has ended! (Sorry, game of thrones reference)

I had a sweep at 12:30 yesterday. Went into labour at 6:30pm and had my little man in my arms at 8:34pm. Drug free too (not by choice)

Madden Russell Craig Ignaz Ward (so many middle names hahaha!!) weighed 7lb 6oz and is absolutely divine!

Good luck ladies! I can't wait to see your announcements!!

Wow, bree, that was REALLY fast! Well done! Congrats on having your sweet baby in your arms finally!

+ve - that sounds like a very long and frustrating early labour! Does sound like the real deal though!

Awww congratulations Bree. What a wonderful sweep success story!!
Enjoy your baby boy xx

Yes, literati, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting a little frustrated. Lol. X

I am still sniffing my clary sage and hoping somthing happens but I'm really constipated so not looking likely

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->