Labour watch thread? Anyone else?

OK so my wait is over! It was indeed labour. Early labour...but definitely labour!

I had awful irregular contractions coming at 5 mins, 9 mins, 45 mins, 23 mins, 4 mins, 38 mins....u get the idea.
I walked, I bounced and I got so discouraged when I just couldn't bring them closer together - they were painful!!!
I decided a bath then bed.
Got in the bath, contractions picked up. Not close but closer. And extremely painful.
I couldn't get outta the bath without hubby's help.
I told him enough is enough we are going in.

Brother came to watch the boys at 11pm.
Got to hospital around 11:30. Sat on trace monitor and surprise surprise....contractions tapered off. The ones which did register were only around 24%. Pants.
MW sent me off to walk for an hour (at midnight around hospital car park.
Suddenly, there's my contractions again. EXCEPT..... they started coming every 2-3 mins and extremely painful
Lasted until 00:50. Got examined. Great, 4cm...admitted.
Walked round to delivery room. (4 contractions on the way!)
Got into room 01:05
Contractions came thick and fast....
01:41 my daughter was placed on my chest.
4cm to baby 45 mins. 1 day past her due date.
Weighed 6lb13oz x

I am so glad I trusted my instincts and went in when I did!!!

It may be the hormones, but I'm so happy for you +tive, I teared up reading your post! Huge congrats, and I'm glad you went in when you did, too! Man, I hope for labor like the ones we've had in here the past couple of days!

I started losing my mucus plug finally yesterday! There was a huge glob when I went to the bathroom yesterday afternoon and I've been losing small pieces or large chunks since then every time I've been to the bathroom, so hopefully I'm less than a week from meeting my baby! I've also been beating, but at the same time so tired. I managed to get my brain shit down long enough for a nap this morning and though I'm exhausted and want another nap right now I don't think I could shut my brain down to be able to sleep again.

+tive - congratulations! So good you went in when you did! That was incredibly fast active labour after such a long early one! I also got teary eyed reading your story! So happy for you.

Lenora - hopefully baby will come soon! Once I lost my first BIG glob of mucus plug (I had lots small amounts for weeks prior), I had my baby two days later. Good luck!

Omg two Babies have arrived!

Bree- congrats!! Such a quick labor after your sweep! It makes me want a sweep done right now lol

+tive thoughts- omg!! You give me hope!! I have been having so many painful, irregular contractions and just can't seem to get them closer together! I do have my induction scheduled for Tuesday, so not long of a wait... But it's like if I'm having these contractions, I want it to be worth having the baby! And if I need to wait until Tuesday, then I want these contractions to go away!!

Aww thank you ladies. ❤

Lenora/bselck...the getting really emotional thing was a massive sign I was about to go into labour.
I got emotional over craving something but I didn't know what I was craving. I got so worked up over it that I couldn't stop crying as I couldn't satisfy my overwhelming craving. Lol.

The glob....that's also another one of my labour signs. I had baby within a day or two of getting this...but mine was blood streaked.

I would say stay positive and relax as much a possible as baby will be here soon and you'll be knackered (I'd been awake for the best part of 72hrs by the time I gave birth as I just didn't get the rest I needed!) Buttttt....I know how impossible it is to not feel deflated when things look like they're starting up then tail off.
It's all doing something! Look after yourselves ladies and I can't wait to read your birth announcements!!! Xxx

I've been having smallish globsmultiple times a day, so hopefully I've lost a good chunk of the plug by now and it won't drag on for a week before I have this baby. The odd thing is that everything else has stopped. On occasion I find myself overly emotional still, but not like last week when I cried at my desk at work because DH texted me to say he would go get me anything I wanted for dinner after I'd had back labor and contractions half the day at work that kept fizzling out, but I had no idea what I wanted. I think I also started crying for no reason that day.

Yesterday I was just exhausted, so I took a nap a couple of hours after I got up. I had trouble shutting my brain off thinking of all of the things I needed to do, but I knew I needed a nap. I was physically exhausted, but mentally alert. Then I felt like that again in the afternoon, but never ended up napping because I knew I wouldn't be able to shut my brain down. A few hours later at dinner I could have passed out right then and I had no appetite. That was unusual, but I've still hardly had any contractions. I think I've had fewer contractions since maternity leave started Wednesday than I have any given day of 3rd trimester. Baby still seems to be head down, really low, and doesn't move a whole lot. Just wiggling around frequently enough to keep me from worrying.

I'm just hoping by the end of the weekend I have something promising happening... the lack of any action whatsoever is getting me worried I'll go way overdue and have to be induced! I want this baby here in 3 days!

Thank you +tive thoughts! Will definitely keep you updated when baby arrives!!

Lenora- I am the opposite! I never had any Braxton hicks or any sign of a contraction until this last Monday at 38 weeks + 6!! Since then however, they have been non stop and all over the place! The nights are the worst for me, getting as close as 6 min apart, but during the day my average is 12-15 minutes apart. They are painful but not unbearable it's just frustrating!! I want them to pick up and get closer together so I can have this baby!! Can't wait to see how your weekend goes! :baby::baby:

Well, I had a sweep yesterday and so far nothing. The midwife said I'm still 1-2 cm, but 80% effaced, thin, and stretchy! They measured my fluid levels since I've reached my due date and they were higher than they were before, so I'm scheduled for induction tomorrow at 6 am if labor doesn't start before then! If labor doesn't start soon I'm seriously tempted to try castor oil... it won't be the end of the world if I have to be induced, but I would really like to not have any drugs. I've heard the contractions are much worse when induced. Either way at the end of the day I'll have my baby, though!

Good luck with either your induction or getting labour started on your own!
I had fewer Braxton hicks for the last few days before I went into labour.

Ooh good luck. Can't wait to hear you've had your baby Lenora.
Fingers crossed the sweep got things going. Sounds really positive. Xxx

Our baby is here and it's a GIRL!! <3 Such a beautiful surprise! Sylvie Rose arrived 2/8/2017 at 9:39 pm and weighed in at 8 lbs 11 oz and 20 inches long.

After some regular contractions the day before that fizzled out right before bed and picked up again in the morning, we were at the hospital at 6 am to induce due to polyhydramnios. I wasn't induced until around 8 am after some blood draws, placement of IV, and then shift changes. They started me out with a Foley catheter to help dilate me since I was still 1-2 cm, but was about 80% effaced and super stretchy. They also started me on pitocin to get the contractions started. My goal was to go unmediated despite being induced, and thanks to so much help from my mother, my husband, my mother- and sister-in-law, I made it! There were definitely a few times I wasn't sure I could, but I'm so glad I stuck it out. I can't say I'd have made it without all of the support, so I'm HUGELY grateful. We had a lot of family and friends there to support us in the waiting room and they stuck around until 1 am to meet the new addition!

I did have a good 2nd degree tear after what I'm told was about an hour of pushing, but that will heal and so far hasn't been too bad. Loving the ice packs and witch hazel pads they give me at the hospital, though! Sylvie is a natural with breastfeeding, though both of us still have a lot to learn.

Congratulations on your little girls arrival!!! You've done a great job delivering this beauty! Enjoy your baby snuggles :)

Oh lenora! Congratulations!!! What a lovely name. Look after yourself and enjoy little Sylvie xxx

I hope BSelck's wait is also over by now and she's enjoying some lovely time with her new squishy baby.

I hope BSelck's wait is also over by now and she's enjoying some lovely time with her new squishy baby.

Lenora- such great news on your baby girl! So proud you stayed unmediated! I'm a little behind with my news but my baby boy, Brody James, arrived Super Bowl Sunday, Feb 5th, at 410p! Two days before scheduled induction!

When I got to the hospital around 3am Sunday morning I was 4 cm dilated so around 630a they broke my water, and 830am they started pitocin. I actually got the epidural lol and after 1 hour 15 min of pushing, he was put straight onto my chest!

He weighed 8 lbs 4 oz, born at 39 + 5, and 20.5 inches long. I too had a second degree tear but it's getting better each day!

Congrats on baby Sylvie!!!

My boys &#128153;&#128153;

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 16
Aww congrats BSelck! Super bowl Sunday, how funny! I know you're enjoying those snuggles. I hope big brother is loving the new addition, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->