Labour?!

Harriet123

Reaction score
I had my show on Tuesday AM and since i've had contractions on and off.
They've started to become 10 mins apart from 3pm-ish this afternoon and are still coming every 10 mins, they're lasting for about 45 second on average.

This is my third baby, shall i wait till they get to 5 mins apart (instead of 10) before i call the hospital?

i would just give them a call, they will probably just tell you to have a bath and take paracetomol, usually a bath will either settle them down or speed them up.

good luck hope all goes well for you xx

If the bath settles them down will they not be proper contractions?
Cos i keep thinking somethings happening but then i've been having them since Tuesday so never no if they're just gonna stop again or calm down.

they say that contractions are meant to get progressively worse, im not saying your not in labour, i was always told a bath and some paracetamol when i would ring up with previous 2.

im having so many braxton hicks this past 2 weeks that i didn't experience with previous 2, and some of them are pretty sore!

how many weeks are you? xx

I'm 10 days over my due date, if i call is it the delivery suite that i ring?

wow, ok yeah it will be the delivery suite that you call.

good luck!!

xx

Tried calling the maternity assessment centre which the midwife gave me :S The women just kept asking how i felt, if i needed to go to hospital or if i'm ok..
I thought she was supposed to tell me?! I've no idea what i should do.
So tried calling the delivery suite and she cut me off and said she'd put me through to the maternity assessment centre so i put the phone down when it went onto hold as that's who i'd already spoken to.

so none the wiser really..

i guess she was suggesting if you were in alot of pain with the contractions.
if you are concerned just give them a call back up and explain that your not that sure what you should do and see what she suggests.

xx

I think i'll go jump in the bath and see what happens after that!

Thanks for your help :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"