Lack of CM?

Carirae

Reaction score
I just turned 40. My husband and I have been married since January. Since then, besides a couple of months where we had stressful things happen (all of this COVID stuff), we have tried conceiving each month. I am tracking my temps and my OPK. I took blood tests for my hormones and my ob/gyn said my egg supply is closer to that of a 35 year old. So, fingers crossed!

I have noticed that I don’t notice much change in my CM each month. I have been trying to track it by touching my cervix this month. According to my OPK and my temp, I ovulated yesterday/today. Nothing feels different about my cervix or CM. My cervix still feels like the tip of a nose, not soft like lips...which is the description I’ve read about the changes in the cervix as you get closer to ovulation. As for my CM, today it felt slightly slippery...I’ve been able to see either “sticky” CM or possibly a small amount of “lotion” type over the past week. We do use Pre Seed, but I’m worried I don’t even have enough CM to get pregnant. Is this normal for someone over 35? Am I just possibly missing it?

Hi im 40 and have been ttc since feb.
I've been charting a doing OPKs.
And I ovulate every month.
Some months I notice I have alot of cm around O.
Its egg white and I sometimes get loads where it hangs off the tissue(TMI)

But other times I barly have any.
I never notice the sticky stuff either.
I find i have my period then I get a dry day and then my cm is watery.
Then egg white and right after O it is creamy.

I've had 3 early Misscariges since April and I didn't have much cm with the first Misscarige so was pretty shocked when I got a postive pregnancy tests.

With the other 2 early losses I had lots of cm.
Only ever notice the futile cm tho. Because its either slippery or like egg white.

Wet slippery is also classed as fertile cm.
As for cervix position.
Some cycles mine has gone high soft open during O but sometimes it remains kind of hard. And only a little softer.
But im still definitely O. Im on my 8th fertility friend chart now. So please dont worry hon sometimes our bodies are just strange and not text book.

Interested to know about ure bloods and how they can tell u have the egg supply of a 35 heat old?

I cant try this cycle because I'm having bloodwork done because of the 3 back to back early Misscariges.

Im on CD7 now and had my first blood draw done on cd4.
I have to have the second blood draw done 7 days b4 my period so will be booking that in as soon as I've Ovulated.
I the bloods im having check my thyroid and mu hormones b4 and after ovulation.
Will they be able to tell me what egg supply I've got?

Im 41 in December but no one ever beleives my age when they meet me. Everyone thinks I'm only in my late 20s.
So im hoping that means I have a egg supply of someone much younger to.

I've never ever struggled to conceive b4 tho.
I got pregnant with my son at the age of 39 on the first month of trying.
I had the implant took out and within 2 weeks I was pregnant.

But now I'm 40 its much harder.
I can still fall pregnant but its the staying pregnant thats the problem.

I shud get my bloodtest results around the end of September beginning of October.
Im so scared.

Are u in the uk?

Thank you for reminding that not everything is textbook! I am in the US. I took a blood test with a send away kit called Modern Fertility. They give you results for 7 different hormone levels that they usually look at when you are trying to get pregnant. One of those shows if you have an average, high, or low level of egg reserve for your age. My ob/gyn said my level was what she expected for a 35 year old, not a 40 year old. The blood test can’t tell exactly how many eggs you have, but it’s just that level needed.

I am definitely considering taking a couple of months off from temping and tracking as I feel like it’s just becoming so robotic to try and make a baby happen. I have a referral to get an HSG done and am really nervous about it, but I’m guessing I need to bite the bullet and get that done. At least it will let me know whether we have another issue!

Thank you for reminding that not everything is textbook! I am in the US. I took a blood test with a send away kit called Modern Fertility. They give you results for 7 different hormone levels that they usually look at when you are trying to get pregnant. One of those shows if you have an average, high, or low level of egg reserve for your age. My ob/gyn said my level was what she expected for a 35 year old, not a 40 year old. The blood test can’t tell exactly how many eggs you have, but it’s just that level needed.

I am definitely considering taking a couple of months off from temping and tracking as I feel like it’s just becoming so robotic to try and make a baby happen. I have a referral to get an HSG done and am really nervous about it, but I’m guessing I need to bite the bullet and get that done. At least it will let me know whether we have another issue!

I know what u mean hon. Im on my 8th chart now and it just feels like a chore now rather than excitement.
When we first started trying I was so excited.
Its so hard when u have been trying for a long time.
Im such a fool I took it all for granted because I've never struggled ttc b4.
I've had 6 losses In total and one at 11 weeks but have always managed to fall again pretty quickly.

I've been on such a downer all day today. I really wanted to try this cycle. But I know these bloodtests are important.
Im just so sacred im gonna get bad news.

I've always found ttc so fun and exciting but now I hate it.
I feel like such a failure.
I can get pregnant but I just can't stay pregnant.
I feel like I'm letting everyone down.

Sometimes I feel so positive and other times u just feel hopeless.

Sending u so much love and baby dust hon.
I hope we both get our BFPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->