Lack of movement??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Laura--x, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

Hmm. I've just been sitting here and realised i havn't really had any big movements from LO today.

I know they slow down the further you get on, but everyday she is very wriggly and such.

I have been quite busy today, walked quite far and so on, but i just sat and thought i havn't really felt her wriggle today. I've had the odd foot/bum stick out but thats about it.

I've also been having some mild period cramps that last quite long.

Do babies tend to go quieter before labor happens? Should i be worried?

2. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

3. daniandbaby

daniandbaby Pregnant-expecting

Your a bit ahead of me.. I've had days when lo doesn't move as much (have a very active baby normally), If your worried in the slightest bit go in to labour ward and get ctg. Atleast so your not sitting at home worried. Midwife always tells me off if I have reduced fetal movement and dont go in sooner,I've been in about 3 times with reduced fetal movement always feel silly at first but I rather that and leave the hospital knowing buba is ok. Funny thing is as soon as they hook me up to the machine to monitor baby, He doesn't stop moving Don't think he likes the straps around my belly hehe Baby will be fine ,Personally the more active I am the less i feel him, or I have to stop and think twice if it was amovement or not coz im so busy lol Hope that helps! xxx

4. princess_vix

princess_vix Guest

no idea hun! Ryan's been quiet today too.

x

5. Sovereign

Sovereign Well-Known Member

Some do, some don't. Have a rest and a sit down and see if bub's makes any more movement. If you're at all worried hun ring your MW. x

6. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

She is moving a little, just not as much as she normally does.

Im so tired i don't wanna go into hosp, surely if im still feeling her move everythings ok right?

7. ajarvis

ajarvis Well-Known Member

If she's still moving and your getting a good amount, but just not as strong I'd say you're ok. My LO does that too, but then the next day will go crazy lol. It's like he's saving it up :p

8. sarah_george

sarah_george ♥Proud Mummy!♥

I Have days lately where bubs is really quiet, even more so if ive had a busy one, only sure fire way to make sure everything is ok is to go get checked out if your worried, I still worry I'm not sure you ever stop! I'l be glad when he's out now so i can see for myself that he's ok xxx

9. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

I think any movement is good movement. But if its less than normal then thats a problem rather than no big kicks and wriggles instead.

10. sarah_george

sarah_george ♥Proud Mummy!♥

I dont get big kicks anymore, theres no room left! i just get what i could only describe as squirming!

11. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

Yeah, wha tim saying is she usually squirms around alot, but today i dont think i've felt her really 'squirm' just stick things out.