Lactose free weaning ?

Jkelmum

Reaction score
So cut long story short my baby is lactose intalarent ...any ideas what she can have for breakfast ? she loves her porrige but cant have it for 2 wks until this milk starts helping her
Doc says to keep with finger food apart from cheese but other then that didnt say a lot:wacko:

Loads of things have milk in them so you're gonna want to read all your labels. The safest thing to start with would be veggies and fruits of course. Hayden couldn't have dairy. But rice cereal and oatmeal don't have them in there....so making that up with her soy milk, or something other than milk with lactose in it it should be fine

My lad was milk free to start and then was milkprotines /wheat and anotherone that i cannot think of right now

anywhos - in all major supermarkets they have a "free from" isle and they have lovely bread in there which is milk free !! and a few if the main brands are milk free - also if looking for breakfast bit sbe sure to look at the own brands as they tend to have less milk in (exaple coco pops and tomatoe sause)

Umm you can also get milk free cheese and not to forget goats cheese - and if your we one is on wysoy or alike you can make Porrage with that.

Freya is on Wysoy, and we are not giving her any dairy. We also love the free from aisle in the supermarket and get loads from there. She loves goats milk natural yoghurt, even though I think it is manky! She would eat it all day I think. We make her porridge with wysoy/water and that's about it I think.

Glad you found out what was wrong with her and it can be sorted :hugs:

Connor has a cow milk protein allergy so cant have an milk, cheese, yogurts basically anything dairy. Im going to find connors milk free weaning book out as that recommends stuff they can have. have you been referred to diatician?

Not yet Jemma i have to give this milk 2 wks before they decide what next xxx

found my milk free weaning book and i know connors allergy is a cows milk protein one so is different to lactose free as there more stuff connor cant have but these are the things i have to avoid:

Milk
Modified milk
milk solids
non fat milk solids
skimmed milk powder
cream
artificial cream
cheese
yogurt
buttermilk
butter
margarine
ghee
whey, whey solids
hydrolysed whey protein
hydrolysed whey sugar
casein (curds)
caseinate
hydrolysed caesin
lactose

Then it has another page with food to choose:

breakfast cereals served with there milk, ready break didnt use to contain milk products but now does, they recommend weetabix and rice crispies
wholemean or white bread/rolls/pitta bread sticks
all plain pasta
tinned spagetti in tomato sauce
boiled/baked/roasted potates, if mashing use there own milk and milk free margarine
all fresh/frozen/ tinned and dried fruit
all fresh and frozen vegatables, home cooked no salt
beef/chicken/lamb/pork/turkey
all fresh and frozen plain fish
homemade desserts made with there own milk
milk free biscuits, oatcakes and crackers
peas, beans, lentils and tofu
it says to avoid introducing egg as babies who react to milk may also react to egg so to discuss with diatician when to introduce egg.

there is some recipes for milk free desserts at the back which i can write up for you if you want

Thanks Jemma thats really helpful she is on soya milk :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"