Lactose intolerance

Lil_Baby_Boo

Reaction score
Was looking for some help....

Noah has never been 'quite right' with milk, from when he was first born it took ages to get him to settle (around 6-9 months) when he was better on organic formula. When he went on to whole milk he's only really had 1 or 2 bottles a day (morn and eve).

Last week he had some milk and a few hours later was sick (was just like cottage cheese) then done the same after next bottle. The next day we left off the milk (thinking he had a tummy bug) and he was fine. When we went back giving him milk he was sick again....in my car :dohh: lots!

My friend mentioned about him being lactose intollerent (which never crossed my mind) I changed his milk to Lactose free and he's been absolutely fine, no sick and no strange nappies!

What you girls think?

I would think that's probably it, especially if he's tolerating the lactose free milk now. Did he have any other symptoms, like a rash or anything?

I would think that's probably it, especially if he's tolerating the lactose free milk now. Did he have any other symptoms, like a rash or anything?

He has had a rash (which seems to have gone now) shoulders/neck (where his vest sits) we just assumed it was something in his vests irritating. He also had a small one on his face which I was thinking it was a diff bath stuff I got him

Seems all the clues are fitting together now :dohh:

Sounds like my daughter, she threw up all her feeds, such a sickly baby, and the rashy skin like you said, but as she was breast fed it didnt cross my mind it could be a milk intolorance.
Not til i weaned her and she was less sick, and then the rash went when the milk did that i had that doh moment, i felt i should have known but it is so hard to pick up on.
She has milk in things now like cereal but drinks nothing but juices and water and she is much better.(she is 16 months old)
Have not tried lactose free, but probablly because it made her sick as a baby she doesnt like milk now anyway as a drink. She has cheese, yog, custards etc and tolorates it so gets plenty of calcuim without the milk.

babythinkpink x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->