lactose intolerance

jbk

Reaction score
What do you ladies eat or drink for dairy and calcium? I wasn't lactose intolerant with my first pregnancy. Thanks!

You could try lactose free items. I was lactose intolerant and now I'm not! Strange. But I just got lactaid milk, etc. Before I got pregnant. Or see how much dairy you can tolerate at one time.

Almond or coconut milk are good substitutes. They also make yogurt with them too. They do make dairy free cheese, but it just looks nasty. Like pp said you could just look for the lactaid free versions.

Lactofree cheese is fine, reminds me of babybel actually x

I'm lactose intolerant too. I have lactose free milk, just normal cows milk that's been treated with lactase. You can get lactose free yoghurt, or soy yoghurt is nice too. Don't bother with the lactose free cheese it's like rubber, tasteless too, lol. If you can tolerate a bit then go for harder cheeses which have less lactose. Mozzarella etc has lots so avoid those. Oh and if you have ice cream, prepare for a sore tummy and wind. That's the only thing I really miss. But you can get those pills to take after to help convert the lactose if you get stuck. Good luck.

Try consuming small amounts of milk with meals. Milk might be better tolerated with food. If you can’t tolerate cow’s milk, try almond, soy or rice milk. Calcium is also in kale, broccoli, tofu sardines and salmon. Some women with lactose intolerance can handle yogurt, so you might want to try it to see how it goes.
Alternatively, you can use an over-the-counter lactase enzyme tablet when eating dairy products. They work naturally to digest lactose inside your gut, giving you the freedom to enjoy the dairy foods you want, when you want. However, I relied more on calcium supplements, as I felt it was hard to reach the recommended pregnancy intake of calcium only through diet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->