Lactose Intolerent?

hay23

Imogens Mummy
Reaction score
Hi, I think this is the right section to post this?

Ok well my daughter is 12 weeks old, and have had a difficult week to say the least with feeding. Yesterday the health visitor came round and she thinks that Imogen is lactose intolerent and has prescibed a lactose free formula.

Do any of your babies suffer with this and if so, how quickly did things improve after the formula change? Can it suddenly appear at 3 months? I'm just so worried she seems to be in agony during and after each feed, and as well as having reflux I just feel so helpless that I can't do anything to help her.

Thanks for any help. xx

Hello :hi:

Ewan was diagnosed with lactose intolerance when he was a few weeks old. when we saw the consultant she said sometimes after a baby has had a tummy bug or infection it can trigger off an allergy. it took ewan a little while to get used to the new milk (hes on nutramigen) once he got used to taking it he was a different baby :) hope the new milk helps :) :hugs:

Jacob is lactose intorlant, He was 4 weeks old when they realised after seeing the consultant and trying 3 milks he is best suited to sma LF, we noticed a change pretty much within 24/48hrs but after 1 week he was like a new baby. Now 5months down the line we are weaning and he is just on veg and fruit no milk products what so ever. They said he will be re-tested at 1 to see if we can introduce milk into his diet or not.

Jacob also suffers from reflux (they just dont get a brake do they :() and i know what you mean about feeling helpless but things do get better XxxX

Ffion is also lactose intollerent and is on SMA LF milk!!

She suffers really bad with stomach pains, high temps and sickness if she eats/drinks anything with milk, as soon as we went on SMA LF she was a completely different baby.

Rhys was milk protein intollerent when he was younger too but the dr refused to give us presciption milk and so we took Rhys off milk products completely. he still cant eat a lot of milk products without getting stomach pains and sickness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"