Lactulose

KatiePC

Reaction score
Anyone had this? I have been given some finally after my bowel movements slowing right down and being a very rare occurance these days! Anyone had experience as to what I will expect with this delightful medicine??

I have got a huge bottle of the stuff squirreled away for future use!! It just so happens that my bowels decided to behave better after I had brought it - so havent had the chance to use it yet!! Apparently though - as long as you dont overdo it, its a bit gentler on the tummy than the senokot type laxatives, it makes things move by producing more lubrication as opposed to making your bowels contract to help push stuff out! (how delightful!!) Best of luck with it, hopefully just the prospect of it will scare your bowels into movement too!!

I think thats the same as what i had wen i was pregnant with my son. I think its just sort of sugar water but it worked for me. Glad i havent had that problem this time xx

lactulose works best if you can drink plenty of water with it. iv stared to take it today. midwife advises twice daily for constipation. x

hi, im taking this at the min and i did with my last pregnancy too. if you take the recommended dose, it doesnt really have a laxative effect(you dont get the runs lol)but it just makes things a bit softer and easier lol. it tastes fowl though so you might want to have a drink at hand when you take it, to me it tastes the same as what i would imagine drinking cooking oil would taste like :sick: but it works so iguess its worth it x

Works wonderfully for me! Bought a 1 litre bottle :) Using 2 tbsp twice daily has allowed me to go to the bathroom once per day since starting it. I find it sickly sweet so have to wait until I have eaten breakfast or dinner and no longer feel nauseated to take it though!

yeah i have had it and found that it did work

It can take a couple of days to kick in, but as with all laxatives it works better if you drink plenty of water with it! It's a lubricating lax (I trained in all this stuff, lol) so it should just help everything move along a bit easier. :)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->