Ladies I have a problem---My LO hates his dad---HELP!!!

britt1986

Reaction score
My LO is 8 weeks old and as of a week ago he seems to hate his dad.:cry: DH can't even feed him, change him, or play with him without LO crying. DH hasn't done anything in anyway to encourage this behavior. DH is very sweet and tries everything when LO gets this way, but nothing works. Dh get very upset and has to walk away. I know it breaks his heart :cry:. LO didn't use to be this way, if anything I use to have to hand him to his dad when he was upset, because I couldn't soothe him and now it is the opposite, why?

What happened to my baby boy to make him change like this? Is it because I am a stay at home mom and with him all the time and he is realizing it now? DH only works 8 hours a day and is home after that. It stresses me out because there are things that I need to do (shower, clean, wash, etc.) when DH comes home and sometimes I just need a break. Don't get me wrong I love my LO very much, but we all need breaks every now and then. I just don't know what to do to make my LO like his dad again. What do I do? Where do I start? And is it going to be like this now?

Sorry for rambling, but I don't know what to do anymore.

Halen was like this about 4/5 weeks ago, no reason for it but he just started to really play up with OH. He would scream for ages when OH tried to do anything with him, like put him bed, play with him, he wouldn't even look at OH. We just kept trying and now he's fine again with him :shrug: I don't know why but he is

he might be feeling vunerable for some reason and only gtting comfort from u x im sure he will b ok,if hes had jabs latley aswell they can be more for there mums, my lo been like it since teething x

try the winding cloth on DH and body smells, my DH had to change his perfume to one soft smelly brand and we share the TAGLET small baby cloth to make lo used to both our smells so he settle with me or DH... GOOD LUCK Let DH sleep with the taglet and then let it be with LO in the cot or during the day so when DH come home the LO go to a familiar and comforting smell... also have the taglet with you when you feed and comfort LO in the day...

hope it helps we did that and now all is good

People tell me it's just a phase, but my 10 week old DD is like this too! The first thing my hubby does when he comes home from work is say hello to her and she immediately starts pouting which ends up with her crying hysterically. I think it's the phase where your LO prefers mom to anyone else. I tell my husband to keep trying and don't take it personally. It's hard.

Ah you got a mummys boy there!

Alex was the same, she was a daddys girl and just hated me - yet i was the one who stayed home to look after her!

It soon fazed out after a few weeks though.

Alexs friend is a lil boy and he cries when daddy appears.

OMG this very same thing happened to us a couple of weeks ago, we put it down to OH having a cold and sounding very different then when hes cold went and LO still cried when OH came home from work, i then blamed it on his coldsore!!! ha ha ha, OH was distraught, it has kinda phased out now though, only lasted a couple of weeks, weird though eh!!!

Apparently I hated my Dad as a baby. But my Dad was great about it and didn't try to force the issue, and I came round. It must be hard but OH really must try not to take it personally.

They can go through stages of preferring one parent to the other, don't take it personally and don't be suprised if in a few weeks, it's the opposite situation!

Caidan was EXACTLY the same for a few weeks, he didnt want to be anywhere near his dad at all. It was upsetting, for all of us, but we rode it out and now he loves his Daddy!
He still prefers to be with mummy if he is upset, tired or ill, which is perfectly normal, but he doesnt scream when his daddy feeds or changes or plays with him now. In fact, he has some of his most fun times with Daddy!

It's very hard, but it will pass.

xxx

my 7 week old boy is the exact same, when my OH takes him until i can get shower, dinner etc he screams the place down until i take him back, he falls asleep or stops crying straight away. it can get frustrating at times as i cant get to do anything without having to rush it + now hes even begining to do it when other people are holding him etc. hopefully he grows out of it soon tho.

Emma went through a daddy-boycott too. I would wait til she was drowsy/asleep on me and then transfer her to hubby and then wrap her to him with the Moby (which probably smells like me anyway). She would usually continue to nap on him as long as she was wrapped to him and it seemed to help a little- well, it helped hubby feel less rejected by the baby anyway! For now she's back to being a daddy's girl :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->