Ladies in Northern Ireland, need advice private vs. NHS

vmcsherry

preggo mama of 1
Reaction score
I need to decide whether we should go private or go NHS. I'll try and keep this story as short as possible.

I am pregnant with my second baby and my husband is freaking out. With our first baby I had a textbook pregnancy and a not so textbook delivery. We had a traumatic birth which started with our baby's heartrate dropping, I got so tired from pushing I was quite hysterical, consultant was very rude (absolutely no bedside manner), I suffered a 3a tear even though I got an episiotomy . . .my catheter fell out twice as it wasnt put in properly by the nurse and I had to demand to see a doctor several times to get the catheter sorted because I was in so much pain, turns out my bladder was completely full and the nurse was trying to tell me it wasnt . . . I wanted to breastfeed and that same nurse insisted I gave my baby formula as she had to eat every 6 hours or she would starve, I explained she was only born 6 hours ago and I felt it was impossible to have a breastfeeding routine already established with a 6 hour old! I could really go on, it was an absolutely horrible experience. My husband had post traumatic stress afterwards from witnessing everything that happened and we cant go through that again.

I just want to know if you ladies think our next experience would be any different if we went private. Or could there be possibility that we could stay NHS but just explain what happened the last time and we would get better consultant care??

Any words of wisdom are appreciated xo

Hi, ive had four in altnagelvin in derry and never had a problem, if you go with midwife led care its a more intimate process the same midwives you see at your appointments is the ones who be there at birth, where if you go consultant led you get anyone thats on the labour ward that day. I think first time labour is scary enough you'll fly through the second

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->