LADIES need some reassurance just found out I have placental previa :(

scorpgirl05

Reaction score
I am 10.5 weeks and found out through an ultrasound today that I have placental previa where my placenta is laying right across my cervix...I have been deemed a high risk pregnancy and am a little scared. Anyone else here had this and went on to have a healthy pregnancy? Doc also said it can move as I get bigger but not a guarantee...

It's nothing to worry about this early. My cervix was totally covered from 14 weeks last pregnancy but by 32 weeks it had moved. I was told that it was very very common for it to move? Just have to take precautions such as no heavy lifting and for us it was no sex. We did have a partial abruption around 26/27 weeks, was a little scary as I bled heavily but healed up fine and went on to deliver my daughter naturally at 38 weeks :)

My sister gave birth at 34 weeks he is now 13.

I've not experienced it but also heard that they'll just monitor it and it could well move anyway xx

In 95% of cases the placenta will move out of the way. I had placenta previa with ds3 and apart from extra scans my pregnancy wasn't treated any differently by my midwife. I did go on to have a massive bleed at 36 weeks and baby had to be delivered by emcs but he's 1 tomorrow and you'd never know

I had this in my last pregnancy. It had started to move up by 33 and I gave birth naturally.
However, my Mum had it too when pregnant with me and hers didn't move so she ended up having a C-Section. Not what she wanted but I'm 28, happy and healthy, so try not to worry. Worst case scenario is a section but as long as you and baby are safe that's all that matters :)

I had it with DD picked up on my 20 week scan and mine completely covered the os and they said it wouldnt move. By my next scan it had moved and I had a normal delivery and no bleeds.

Had it with DD, was monitored and had to have blood taken weekly from 34 weeksso it was on hand if I needed a blood transfusion inthec sec. DD was born via a straightforward elcs at 38 weeks. She is 7 and perfectly fine.

Totally nothing to worry about this early. Not even sure why they have told you to be honest it will just cause worry!

I had it with DS1 and found out at 20 weeks. I just needed a few extra scans through 3rd tri to monitor it by which point it had moved away from my cervix.

Totally nothing to be concerned about at 10 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->