Ladies on levothyroxine ?

RedRose19

Expecting baby 4!
Reaction score
hi ladies im new to taking meds for my thyroid which was 4.2 at my last appt not majorly high but they decided to put me on the lowest dose of meds. its for a four month trial to see if they help.
before i took the meds i had mostly irregular cycles and long usually between 40-60 days
within 2 days of taking the meds af started and now af has turned up again on cd 27! a first for me but the problem is ff says i only ovulated like 4/5 days ago! so i dont understand :( i was in pain before the blood so dunno is it cyst rather than af..

so im just wondering is it the meds helping to regulate my cycle? does it mean i most likely will ovulated sooner? any info you ladies have to share with me would be a great help :flower:

I have had my thyroids removed so I take it daily .. and yes they do help you , they help get your body leveled good luck!!

ive been taking this for years now, although my thyroid is normal at this point. but they keep me on it. I dont have any advise, as you can see from my sig AF never comes for me :( i wish it would regulate me some as it does for you ladies! the only thing is, if you Oed only 4/5 days ago, you LP wasnt very long. But hopefully its just running its course and you'll be more regular now! GL

it may take a bit for your body to get ajusted and your meds as well...

it may regulate your periods but it wont happen over night..

good luck

im hyper too or i have graves and at the begining my thriod did not stay put...lol

im leveled off now

my doc wants to take my thriod out too....:/

thanks ladies ive never had such a short cycle before im hoping this cycle i ovulate to suit a 27 day cycle not a 40 day one... i read if u ovulate before your period u can still get preg as the egg and sperm are still in the tubes til 6-12 dpo in which time af will be gone! its so confusing

good luck

im hyper too or i have graves and at the begining my thriod did not stay put...lol

im leveled off now

well it sucked.. for me atleast .. you spend 24 hours in the hospital then they wrap you up and send you home.. no soda , no hot foods, I couldn't talk for like 2 weeks , they hit my vocal cords. then once they was removed , every 3months I had to go back for labs .. good luck with that :)

good luck

im leveled off now

well it sucked.. for me atleast .. you spend 24 hours in the hospital then they wrap you up and send you home.. no soda , no hot foods, I couldn't talk for like 2 weeks , they hit my vocal cords. then once they was removed , every 3months I had to go back for labs .. good luck with that :)

they want to do chemo and that or that and chemo but both and um...yea im not so keen

ll deal with my meds having to be adjusted every so often and getting sick as a dog ..as that just scares me to death and then we are on meds anyway or we will get sick...
i just at this moment besides being scared of the Operation since the outcome if meds or be sick too..dont see a reason

do you feel better now that you dont have it? What is the difference and did you get chemo...what is the deal with chemo?

hum im hyjacking a thread and I dont mean too...

would you like me to take this to pm?

good luck

im leveled off now

they want to do chemo and that or that and chemo but both and um...yea im not so keen

ll deal with my meds having to be adjusted every so often and getting sick as a dog ..as that just scares me to death and then we are on meds anyway or we will get sick...
i just at this moment besides being scared of the Operation since the outcome if meds or be sick too..dont see a reason

do you feel better now that you dont have it? What is the difference and did you get chemo...what is the deal with chemo?

hum im hyjacking a thread and I dont mean too...

would you like me to take this to pm?

yea sorry!!!
well mine was low for years and I didn't know ,, then I started noticing HUGE lumps on my neck like the size of baseballs (yes I ignored it that long .. scared ) so they did a check to see what it was then they couldn't figure out if it was cancer so they was like we could try meds (chemo) till we find out what it is I said just take them out .. the meds don't make me sick .. I feel nothing when i'm on them but when I don't take them I DO notice my tempter and my moods change .. i'm more moodier , more depressed , I cant sleep for DAYS but on them I can't really stay up pass 11pm ! ... if you have anymore question inbox me don't want to keep hijacking her post :hugs:

I'm on levothyroxine, and if you had a thyroid issue it could throw your cycles off so the med could help bring it back, I noticed since taking mine, my cycle has bounced back

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->