Ladies, please please read & help!

AprilRidden

Reaction score
Okay, first, thank you for taking your time to read this...

I am 5-6 wks. My first appointment is in 6 days, and I am a mess. Here's why:

I suffer from severe anxiety and panic attacks. They are so bad I get heart palpitations. It's awful. I'm always crying because I am so scared.

I had a full blown test done on me about 5 months ago(because of an attack...) &was given preventative antibiotics. The doctor said that I looked fine. My results came back fine.

I just recently noticed a yellowish, off white discharge (sorry if TMI). No bad itching, no odor, no burning. I went to the ER because I was so worked up. They told me to do a 7 day monistat treatment. Next day they said all my cultures, including yeast, came back negative.

I thought I would feel better but now all I keep thinking about is possibly having something else, regardless of everything coming back ok.

My anxiety is making me sweat like mad. Could prenatals or anxiety itself cause me to have more discharge? Why is it showing no infection?! Am I going crazy?! I did start taking probiotics and eating Greek yogurt a week before going to the ER. is there a chance that I already had it under control by the time they did the cultures?

I'm worrying to the point of tears everyday, it cannot be good for baby. I have no fever or anything else. I don't know what to think, but my vision is all messed up from my anxiety, and I'm so depressed from panic that I never want to climb out of bed.

Any good vibes or anybody deal with this, too? Advice, anything... please don't terrify me. :'(

Thanks, everybody!

Yellowish discharge can be completely normal - I have it too. Also the hits pregnancy discharge can dry yellow on underwear. It is very normal to have increased discharge. Don't worry!

I suffer from anxiety too, and ave been going to acupuncture which has helped a lot. Maybe look into it? I've also been trying to do some meditation. If you put 'guided meditation' into YouTube, some helpful videos will come up. I find it easier to do guided meditation than to try and do it on my own... Because you are listening to a voice, there's less chance of the mind wandering xx

Pregnancy itself can cause an increase in discharge, and it can be white or yellowish, it's really good all your tests came back clear.
Hope you're feeling better soon, it sounds like you need some help for your anxiety?x

I'm so sorry you're going through a rough time with your anxiety. I've struggled with it myself and it can be debilitating. Know you're not alone with that! Are you able to see a therapist to help with it?

Absolutely agree with the previous posters that pregnancy will give you lots of vaginal discharge. Whiteish-yellow can be absolutely normal but it was probably a good thing for your peace of mind that you had it confirmed that you had no infection. It sounds like you know the signs to watch for with infection (itching, burning, odor, inflammation, etc...it's hard to miss when there's really something happening) so be reassured when you aren't experiencing those. Based on what you reported, I would absolutely not be worrying at this time.

I can completely relate. I am a worrier myself. Pregnancy can be a stressful time but please try to relax, I repeat positive affirmations in my head throughout the day, e.g. My pregnancy is progressing great, I am healthy, my baby is developing well etc
I've had yellowish/light tan discharge for the last 3-4 days and I had a scan yesterday and the baby is doing great! This kind of discharge is very normal and happens to a lot of women. It's all because of increasing hormones and it's a good thing for the pregnancy!x

I had yellow white discharge with my daughter and this pregnancy in huge amounts. It's healthy and normal

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my thread.

I am laying here crying after having read the replies. I am so emotional, and yes, the anxiousness can be seriously debilitating.

Even though my tests came back okay, I guess I just have that nagging anxiety that something wasn't picked up on my tests,

I haven't noticed any of the discharge today, maybe the monistat is helping?! I don't know, but thank you. I am always looking for reassurance.

I am already tired from pregnancy and the anxiety is amplifying it.

I will definitely be looking into acupuncture, I've heard good things.

I just really hope my first appointment goes well, that way I know what it's like to breathe again.

Thanks again! I'm such an emotional worry wreck right now! & tired! :sleep:

I've had heaps of white and yellow discharge, every day since I became pregnant. I empathise re- the anxiety, I have anxiety and depression and I feel it has become worse since being pregnant. I think you really need to mention this to your dr and discuss a plan to deal with it, feeling so anxious all the time is not good for you or your baby. Good luck x

Hey there!

I'm so sorry that you're exhausted and worried. I've struggled with anxiety off and on during pregnancy, mostly because I want to control how well the baby is doing, and I cant. It's been a challenge to try and trust God with what happens to baby. I know I'll be a bit of a mess this weekend, because my 12 week scan is on Monday and I always get sooo nervous about having a mmc.
I posted about this constant worry on here early on, and a lovely lady said something to the effect of "don't let anxiety steal your enjoyment of this baby and this pregnancy." That has helped me heaps when I'm in the middle of panic. Hope it helps you too! I can definitely relate though.

I also have white and yellow discharge in abundance- I think my folate pills and prenatal also turn things more yellow. It sounds like your doctors have done some good tests and all the results have been good too! That's wonderful!

Praying for a happy and healthy 9 months for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->