Ladies...some advice?

booflebump

Mummy to Toby
Reaction score
Since you girls are the experts on all things gynaelogical, I thought I would ask. I'm not trying to conceive at the moment, and am on bcp. Had my 7 day break fri-fri last week, and had a light 2 day period (this is short for me but am on a new brand of pill) Today (so 7 pills in to my new packet) I have a heavy bleed (soaked 2 tampons in 2 hours) It seems to have settled now and have had nothing since 2pm apart from light cramping. All a bit alarming! Going to docs anyway as I have been unwell past few weeks but anyone got any suggestions what my body was playing at?

Cheers girlies x

Might just be your body getting used to the new pill, if it goes on too long i'd probs go and see a doctor, just too be on the safe side :)

hope everything goes okay for you! :)

Yeah it might be your new pill, but i would mention it to your doc seen as your going anyway, hope everything goes ok x

Good you are going to the doc, as that is very odd. Make sure your new pill is appropriate for you. I was on a type of bcp for about 6 months that I kept having break through spotting on during week 3. When I finally mentioned it to my doc, they looked at my pill and told me that it wasn't right for my body weight and probably wasn't working for me! :saywhat: Thankfully, I didn't fall pg during that time!!!!!

i was on a pill that gave me loads of bleeding so they switched me to a different type, good luck at the doctors xx

Thanks girls. Doc thinks I have a cracker of a urine infection that has been making me feel so rubbish. Got antibiotics so should feel better soon! She thinks the bleeding (another gush this morning too) is probably new pill related but happy to see me if continues or gets worse. She did a pg test and it was negative - she did mention possible very early mc but said it was unlikely since I am compliant with my pill taking and with the pill I am on you have to miss three in a row before you are at risk of getting pregnant. Hopefully all will resolve itself soon! xxxx

Thanks girls. Doc thinks I have a cracker of a urine infection that has been making me feel so rubbish. Got antibiotics so should feel better soon! She thinks the bleeding (another gush this morning too) is probably new pill related but happy to see me if continues or gets worse. She did a pg test and it was negative - she did mention possible very early mc but said it was unlikely since I am compliant with my pill taking and with the pill I am on you have to miss three in a row before you are at risk of getting pregnant. Hopefully all will resolve itself soon! xxxx

good luck honey. hope it all sorts itself out soon

:hug:

Hope you feel better soon!

Just wanted to mention something no one seems to be told, there are two ways that I know of for BCP to be ineffective even without missing any:

1. Taking antibiotics. They can make your birth control ineffective and you can ovulate and potentially get pregnant. I'm not sure of the WHY, but I know this to be true as I worked for a dental office and we had to tell female patients about this whenever we prescribed them antibiotics for tooth infections.

2. (sorry, graphic) Vomiting or diarrhea. With oral contraceptives if your stomach's digestion is off you may not get a chance to absorb the hormones, or you may throw them up before absorbing them. My doctor mentioned this to me after I was ill. That's right, AFTER. When I started BCP as a contraceptive 5 years ago my doctor did not mention that at all, which I think is certainly a relevant piece of information when you are trying not to get pregnant.

The theory is that strong and/or certain antibiotics kills off the important fauna (bacteria among them) that live in your intestines all the time. You would not be able to digest properly without these bacteria (that's why probiotics help digestion). So, if antibiotics kill off too many "good" bacteria (because most aren't selective) it can impair your ability to digest things, including BCP. However, most recent research concludes this is really not the case and very few antibiotics will adverse affect BCP absorption. However, if you are worried, always better to be safe than sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->