Ladies that already have children..

J

Joey_Poo

How much roughly did you or do you spend on your newborn each week?

Hi

I am terrible with spending money on my LO I have no idea what i spend i would think about £30.
x

weekly, the necessities for me would be formula £12 (probably has just over a carton a week) and a pack of nappies around £6. atm.

then theres the things you dont get every week but still need fairly regularly like cotton wool, baby bath, baby shampoo, baby lotion, nappy cream

and then theres toys and books etc.

Given that you already have the supplies (bibs, blankets, etc.) and clothes you need for the newborn...maybe $20 a week for diapers and wipes...leaves a little extra for the occasional bottle of mylecon or tylenol. As long as you are nursing, newborns, at least from what I have found, are fairly inexpensive. What gets pricey is formula, then when they are older the juice, snacks, and baby food can add up quickly! :)

Oh goodness, well I breastfed so we didn't have to buy formula. But after we went through all the diapers we were given we bought a box of diapers a week approximately. So we really didn't have to buy much until he got a little older. Wipes we bought a 3 pack every 2-3 weeks, and those are only about $4

I don't know! I bought clothes and diapers ahead of time.

So far its not been too expensive - we bulk buy nappies when they are on offer (2 massive boxes for £20 lasts us a month I'd say maybe even more!), wipes I get when they are on offer - although used cotton wool until recently which was REALLY cheap way....clothes we get in stages....and I breastfeed which is free....(and now we are weaning, just feed basically what we eat)

Newborn's aren't expensive, I breastfed, had most things in advance, I guess the only thing really is nappies?? Now he's older it's different because he eats, and boy does he eat lol, plus he manages to grow out of all his clothes within a month I swear.....hmm I wonder if I stopped feeding him so much he wouldn't grow so quickly, win-win on the financial front ;) Oh now he's in daycare and that costs a small fortune!!!

I can highly recommend breastfeeding - costs nothing AND sucks the weight and fat right off of you ;) (I was back to my prepregnancy weight of 9st 12 within two weeks if my C Section and lost an additional stone during 11 months of breastfeeding). Free liposuction ;) (DS is 22 months and my weight is hovering around 9st still, but Das is very high energy.... So lots of running around for me!)

I can highly recommend breastfeeding - costs nothing AND sucks the weight and fat right off of you ;) (I was back to my prepregnancy weight of 9st 12 within two weeks if my C Section and lost an additional stone during 11 months of breastfeeding). Free liposuction ;) (DS is 22 months and my weight is hovering around 9st still, but Das is very high energy.... So lots of running around for me!)

Ditto! I was lighter after DS than before and I swear it was because of BF and all the calories it burns, as well as sucking in your uterus of course!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->