Ladies using progesterone cream... HELP!!

Baby dust to you Daisy!! Awaiting your results!!

So after doing more research (online of course!) it seems that OTC progesterone cream is not strong enough to prevent AF from coming to town. It might delay her a day or two, but she'll definitely arrive on her own without stopping the cream. So my plan now is to just keep taking the cream until she shows. If it's a total mystery (BFN and no AF) at 15 DPO, I will go get a blood test.

Hoping all this is unnecessary of course because hoping my BFP is around the corner. Not too sure though - had some pinky-brownish (light colored) CM today - very, very light, barely noticeable, and only because I was scrutinizing the TP for like 5 minutes with every wipe (SO out of control at this point). Also feeling slightly crampy. We'll see.

Daisy.... what did you end up doing? Did you get a BFP, or did AF come? Did you stop using the cream?

I'm like you, starting to have second thoughts about the cream. AF came for me, 15 dpo like clockwork. I still started spotting @ 12 dpo, so in reality, the cream really didn't do what I wanted it to do. There is no doubt that I had a lot more symptoms than usual, so I know it increases the level of progesterone in my blood stream from 3 dpo until 7 or 8 dpo, but after that when my body stops making its own, the amount the cream adds isn't enough to make a difference. Hmmm.... guess it will take a couple months of charting while using the cream to know for sure....

Hi kellysmom. Same experience as you. The cream gave me higher temps, a triphasic chart, lots of promising symptoms, and may have extended my LP by one day - I can't say for sure if the longer LP is from the cream or the b50 complex. I did spot as usual, starting around 10 or 11 dpo. I ended up stopping the cream on 13 dpo after I got a bfn, and my temp kept dropping, so I knew AF's arrival was inevitable. AF arrived today, which would have been 14 dpo. Undecided what to do about the cream this month, but will discuss it with the fertility doc I am seeing in about 10 days. I'll report back!

Ok ladies... another update. This month, I started out using the cream the "correct" way. I rubbed it only into my wrists from 3 dpo until 7 dpo. For those four days, my BB's did not hurt, no headaches or hot flashes, and no bloating like last month. In fact, my symptoms were totally normal as if I wasn't using the cream.

Since I spotted despite the cream last month, I decided to use it the "wrong" way from 7 dpo until AF. I'm only 9 dpo today, but this gives me a chance to keep updating with symptoms to give everyone (including myself) a better idea of how this stuff works. I'm rubbing it into fatty areas of my body like my tummy, thighs, and breasts. My BB's are hurting, but not too badly. I'm starting to get a little bloated and gassy (woke myself up with a fart last night, hehehe :blush:) but no headaches or hot flashes. Again, my symptoms are about what they're like without the cream. Good news is, no spotting yet.

I'll keep updating. If I spot again this month, I will use the cream the "wrong" way my entire LP. Let's keep our fingers crossed!! :hugs:

Thanks for the update Kellysmom! I am not using the cream this cycle, as I'm having my progesterone tested (tomorrow!) and don't want the cream to affect my results. I am considering starting the cream tomorrow, after the test, but I might just skip it this month, as I've upped my dosage of B complex from B50 to B100, and I really would like to see what that does for me in terms of spotting/LP. Now that I'm under the care of a fertility doc, I have less anxiety about getting pregnant, and I figure if not this cycle, than one really soon.

Yeah, thanks for all the updates! I, too, am getting my progesterone levels checked tomorrow, I'll be 8dpo. I am taking 100mg prometrium vaginally 2x daily. Here is a great page that explains the levels you should see: https://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html#progesterone

This is my 2nd cycle using progesterone, and I sure don't have the same symptoms I did last cycle. I actually am not having any cramping at all, and last cycle I had TONS of cramping. Also my breasts/nipples stopped being tender yesterday, last cycle continued for awhile before dropping off. I felt really awesome all day yesterday, no symptoms. Then this morning at 5am, I woke up and my nipples and breasts were extremely tender, and I was a bit nauseous. When I woke up at 9am, sick feeling gone but boobs still a bit tender, which is now totally gone. Back to no symptoms. But we'll see, I still have one entire week of progesterone to take before I test :)

I'm crossing my fingers for you ladies that your levels come out good and high! I also considered not using the cream this month, but then thought I would be a good idea to vary the way I take it for the next few months to decide which is the best route. I'm having a sneaking suspicion the cream isn't working at all, so if I spot again this month I might try rubbing it in fatty areas all next month, and just dealing with the rotten symptoms.

Anyway, rdleela, that's awesome it's working for you. It's interesting that your symptoms are subsiding despite the progesterone..... it gives us all a good reference to stand by, because with levels that high you would think you'd feel terrible! It just shows that you can never tell what this stuff is going to do to your body.

Good Luck tomorrow ladies! Keep us updated!!

Hi ladies! Got my results back already, and my progesterone is 17, and I was told anything over 9 is considered good. So yay! Really not sure about using the cream now, as it seems I'm doing OK without it? And I kind of want to see what my cycle does without it. But on the other hand, what if my progesterone drops off too early, and I need the cream to help with spotting and the LP? Thoughts?

I don't think there is any harm whatsoever in using the cream, if I were you I would keep using it! 17 is a good number, awesome!

AFM, got my blood taken today, but my rural hospital doesn't do the labs for progesterone, has to be sent in to the city, so it will take a few days for me to get my results back....

Hi ladies! Got my results back already, and my progesterone is 17, and I was told anything over 9 is considered good. So yay! Really not sure about using the cream now, as it seems I'm doing OK without it? And I kind of want to see what my cycle does without it. But on the other hand, what if my progesterone drops off too early, and I need the cream to help with spotting and the LP? Thoughts?

Yay!!... That's awesome. I agree with RD, I don't think there's any harm. Honestly though, I'm truly starting to wonder if there's any truth to the stories that the cream doesn't do much to help. I'm 11 dpo today, and although I'm still not spotting, I feel my normal PMS symptoms. I would think there'd be a major difference in symptoms right now if the cream were helping at all. And, the breast pain that started 6 days ago is now starting to subside, making me think that my progesterone is starting to taper off. If my suspicions are correct, I will start spotting soon. I'll keep you all updated.

K... today is 12 dpo, and my hubby and I BD'd this afternoon. NO BLEEDING!!! Yay.... I'm so excited. Although I know "technically" it could mean I'm pregnant, I don't feel like I am. My CP has dropped and my CM has all but disappeared. It does mean that the progesterone cream IS working!!! The only time's I've ever come this close to AF with no bleeding is when I've been pregnant. Soooo.... even if we didn't succeed this month, I'm very excited that I've figured out how to get the cream to work!!!

Yea! Fx'd for you!

I did my progesterone on 8dpo on Monday, still don't have my results back...I'm 10dpo today...longest tww evah.....

PMS is abnormal and caused by estrogen dominance. Progesterone cream is used to lessen the PMS and eventually cease it. Most women are fooled into believing PMS is a normal part of life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->