Ladies who had to cup feed there babies from 4 month old

MishC

Has a little princess!!
Reaction score
It's no secret my daughter will not take a bottle there is just no way it's ever going to happen. I have learned to accept this and have bought a Doidy cup which i have been using here and there. She seems to like it and will drink from it but it is very difficult to use and its very easy to choke her. If she's really hungry she can get very stressed out with it and just cry.

My question is how long did it take the ladies who's babies wouldn't accept a bottle to switch their baby over from BF to cup feeding and how long did it take to get the hang of it?

I'm wanting to start and switch Ellie over to the cup and stop BF in the next month but i is proving extremely difficult with this HUGE problem.

I am posting this here as well as the BF forum.

I am doing this as i'm getting ready to start weaning her :)

Aisling now bfs and drinks from her doidy but refuses a bottle. It took a good 2-3 weeks before Aisling started drinking anything significant from the doidy but she's great with it now although I hold it for her. When she's really enthusiastic, she does take a bit to much and has a bit of a splutter but none comes back up. I think it just takes a little while for them to get used to it so I guess it's a case of perseverance - good luck! :hugs:

What age was she when you started using the cup? And how often do you giver her it?

I'm giving her one on a morning and one in the evening at the moment to get her use to it then in about a wek i was going to add another one in the aftrenoon.

Thank you very much for your reply it's good to see i'm no on my own with this!

She was 6 months before we started on the cup and I offered it at each meal (with water) so gradually made our way up to 3 times a day and now once in the morning too as she's dropped a bf. Your plan to build it up sounds good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->