ladies who have been induced before?

My waters broke before contractions started....they put me on the drip and OMG it was awful...No breaks between the contractions, no build up to intensity. For 14hrs I was on the drip, with epi, and they were so intense even with the epi I begged them to cut me open. It lasted 38hrs and finallly my DS was born. Hoping this time I can have a natural build up and then waters go...crossing my fingers.

Although my best friend had the gel to be induced and she was fine...it worked the first time and she was able to continue on her own with out an further drips or gels. So I would also recommend that if they can that you get induced and then see if you can continue on your own.

I have been induced 3 times so far all because of GD and big babies.

first induction went as follows,
hooked up on drip and they broke my waters, contractions were not to bad at all and I was managing fine, I was a little scared though being my first labour and wondering what way it would go, I progressed very quick and I got to a point were Dh went to grab a bite to eat and midwife was gone on her break, the contractions got more intense but I was so scared, I asked for an epidural my induction began at 9 am I was 10 cm by 2pm but as Ive found out my babies stay high so they decided to wait on till his head came down some more before I started pushing, I cant remember when I started to push, I had to be told when to I couldnt feel the urge to push, but all of a sudden it was 6pm still pushing no baby and I was sooo tired he started to show signs of distress and they took blood from his head to see what his oxygen levels were they were ok not great but ok, they gave me a little more time, at this stage epidural had wore off and I was in so much pain, they then decided they try a ventouse 3 go's and if that did not work c section it didnt work so they section it was.

my second baby I went in to labour my self and deliverd him as well:happydance: very happy about that :haha:

My second induction, drip and then they made an atempt to break my waters which they could not, they were worried about baby head being high and cord coming down, so must have taken them a good hour to figure out a plan and do it, a lovely midwife got them in the end she was very experienced and had no problems in getting them! I had been fine with the pain of the contractions and was progressing very well, but when they broke my waters I just knew it would be fast, pain was so intense and the pressure around my bum intense, I used gas and air and then asked for an epidural ( I knew it was to late though) he was standing there and I said no way I can stay still for that needle its to late, the urge to push was so intense but I was very scared of pushing as of what happened on my first and I also had a long pushing stage on my second son, I really didnt want to be 2 hours pushing again. my midwife was brill though she told me to trust my body and go with it so I did and 15 minutes later baby was on my chest :happydance: I was over the moon and have to say I felt brill with in two hours of having him, it was great being able to have a shower, get dressed and walk around.

3rd induction simlar to 2nd only this time they brought me down to theatre to break my waters (over same concerns as rest of babies) I had a spinal block and a epidural :dohh: they broke them and I was 6 cm straight away! I knew though that labour would be slow to start becuase of all the meds, but once contractions started it was very quick again and I only really started to feel something when her head moved down, I just felt the pressure build up and then the urge to push came on again, my midwife was sure I would need some help getting baby out because of all the meds but no way was any one cutting me for a ventouse, 20 minutes later and had my baby :happydance:

So Ive had more good than bad experiences, with inductions I think your doing the right thing finding out now what to expect be prepared and trust your body if you are afraid it does make it all so much harder and scary! a good brith partner who is encouraging you all the way is a must as well, even though at the time we may tell them to shut up!!! :haha:

good luck!

PS some people have the gel to start labour Im not sure how that works as Ive never had it!

does any one know the diff between the two!!

I believe the 'gel' (cervidil, sp?) is to ripen the cervix. But, if your cervix is already favorable, you don't need it.
(Someone please correct me if I'm worng :flower:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->