Ladies who have gotten BFPs: what bad habits did you NOT quit?

chocolatechip

Reaction score
Just for fun, I'm curious to know - for those of you who have had BFPs, what "bad" habits did you not quit the cycle that you were successful? What was something that you might've heard wasn't all that great for fertility, that you did anyway?

This was a long time ago and I wasn't actually trying but I smoked fairly heavily when I got pregnant with my boy. He was a surprise for sure but I should've known sooner than I did... I woke up one morning, had a drag from my cig and had to put it down. Quit just like that, no planning or anything, simplest thing in the world. Maybe the negative effects were countered by my youth.

This isn't quite the same thing but it's somewhat related.

They say that stress isn't good during TTC and it can cause delayed ovulation. Well, this cycle I have been incredibly stressed and I actually ovulated 2-7 days earlier than I normally would have.

It's too early to say if this cycle was successful or not, but keeping my FX!

I never do anything differently, so I still continue to drink/exercise/eat junk food/etc until I get that second line. I try to be relaxed about the whole approach, which has worked well twice for me so far!

I never do anything differently, so I still continue to drink/exercise/eat junk food/etc until I get that second line. I try to be relaxed about the whole approach, which has worked well twice for me so far!

That's the route I'm trying to take. I am not doing anything difference, still drinking (which I do in moderation anyway but I teach high school kids, there are days I come home and a glass of wine is really beneficial :haha:), exercising, having my coffee, etc. My doctor has told me that based on the amt of alcohol/caffeine/exercise/etc that i do, it should not affect my ability to conceive and not to worry about it. Even after O dring the TWW I've been told I can drink if I want because the embryo is protected for several more weeks. Otherwise all those people who get surprise pregnancies would have problems.

The minute I get a second line, I'll stop alcohol of course. but I will probably still have my one cup of coffee. Again, I work with high school kids. That 1 cup is sometimes the only thing that saves them. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->