Ladies who have had recent c sections

pigginteacher

Mum of 2
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if anyone is having the same issue. I have had two c sections now so my stomach is hanging over the scar now which makes it very difficult to keep dry. When I shower I wash that area and then dry it as best I can but I think that because the scar is covered by my stomach its getting sweaty (sorry if tmi) and its been quite smelly!! I feel really paranoid about it and it still looks quite red (I had section 4 months ago) Should it still be red?? and any tips on how to keep it dry? I didnt have this trouble with my first section and I dont remember it being red for so long. I suppose because no air is getting to it then thats why it is starting to smell, especially when I exercise!! Sorry if this is gross but needed to see if anyone else is having or has had the same issue xx

I used maternity pads, and yes I had the same issue.

I would put a pad under the fold, leaving the tape over the sticky part, then some nice comfy baggy undies. I would also use sensitive fragrance free baby wipes to wipe it gently clean several times a day.

The smell is yucky isn't it? It's sweat and leaky healing flesh...blerk!

My midwife also recommended drying out the area a bit with a fan at least once a day, and airing it out as much as possible

Thanks minties, my concern is that it is still like this 4 months later. It gets really itchy too!!! I'm hoping that as I loose weight, my stomach will shrink back and stop covering my scar so much. I think I will give the wipes a try!!

I have the hugest flabby baggy tummy down there and it does get smelly, it did before I had my c-section so I don't think it's abnormal. It's hard to not smell with the sweat and stuff.

I sometimes use a clean old sock across it, a pad tends to fall off, the sock sits underneath the bumbag as I call it !!

Is it healed? Mine is 5 months now and the scar is very red still, and it itches too. It doesn't smell though. Is it sore? Is it tender? If it's red and itchy I'd say it's normal, the itchy is healing and the nerves reconnecting, the red is because we were gutted, lol.

I swear that sudocrem was my saviour. After my shower I would dry my wound & then put a thin layer of sudocrem on it. Then at might I would clean my wound, dry & do another thin layer. Im sure this is why I had mo problems & my wound healed inno time. Sudocrem will stop any redness & soreness caused by sweat etc!

I would get it checked out, you may have a bit of an infection. The smell was the first indication of mine.

Good luck.

Thanks ladies I will get it checked just to be safe. It is itchy but I assume that's the wound healing. Will try sudacrem too xx

My scar still itches at times and i had my LO 14 months ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->