Ladies with Anterior Placenta, what do movements *feel* like??

Mrs. AJ

Mom to two under two!
Reaction score
I've been told i have a low lying anterior placenta and I know that can cause a delay in feeling movement. What I'm wondering is if the movements also *feel* any different with anterior placenta?

I've not had any of the popcorn popping, bubbles, flutter feelings other have described. At all. However in the past week, I have had what feel a bit like tiny muscle spasms, or just a clenching/heaviness that lasts a moment. Usually low and on the right side, though I've felt it other places too. Could this be baby?? What are your experiences with anterior placenta? Thank you! :flower:

I have an anterior, so a front lying, placenta.

Basically I started feeling movements around 19 weeks, but not very well. Only now can I feel them sitting up. Before I would have to lie on my back and focus.

I do not even know how to discribe it. It feels like a fist pressing against me, rolling from one point to the other. I feel no flutters. I feel muffled pokes. So I guess the fist would be covered in some thick cushioning.

As baby is getting bigger, so it the sensation. The touch is becoming firmer and covering more area. I no longer ask myself if I imagined it, it is just more obvious.

There are occasions when I will twist my body and feel like the baby socked me in the tummy. It is a shocking feeling and very very obvious. But they are few and far between.

I should add my baby is very very active. I can feel him from the outside more than I do from within.

I was wondering this myself. I have an anterior placenta, and even though it's early I have felt a few little flutters once in a while. I hope the placenta won't keep me from feeling baby for too much longer.

i have and i was wondering the same thing becuase with dd i got all the bubble feelings etc and i no im only 14wks but this is my 6th pregnancy and iv had none of that but the past 2 days feels like something really low down on me left every so often pokes me i have to concentrate though

Thanks for your replies! HotTea, that is very helpful, thank you!

I have an anterior placenta too. At this point I am able to feel kicks and movements pretty much like I did in my previous pregnancy (which I did not have an anterior placenta). At first though I could only feel movements down low, and then I would feel some movements but they didn't feel like kicks. It felt more like she was turning or just rubbing again the inside of my stomach. I started feeling movements around 18 weeks, but it took until about 23 weeks to really feel movement everyday and to feel stronger movements.

Im feeling it everywhere now too but for the first bit it was only when she kicked or moved on the left side...away from the placenta..and I also mostly felt it inside like at my bladder...but now its everywhere..still more to the sides and not right under placenta but shes def bigger and making her presence known lol..

With my first I had a low-lying anterior placenta and it took until 24 weeks for me to feel anything. I never really felt the really subtle movements, but more like tiny pokes along my sides. It took a while longer to feel movement right at the front. But within a really short time, you could feel and see the movement from the outside! xx

Hi found out yesterday at 20 week scan that I have an anterior placenta, but its not low lying - does this make a difference?

This is my first baby. I felt baby move very early, when I had just turned 15 weeks. i was wearing my normal jeans and baby must have been a bit squashed because I felt 2 pokes from the inside of my womb. I was very surprised as hadn't expected to feel him that early. From around 16.5 weeks I started feeling him quite often and I now feel him every day. My husband felt him kick with his hand on my stomach for the first time about a week ago and has felt him a couple times since. It feels like something moving around, and pokes, small kicks. I can understand why people describe it as "popping" as sometimes the kicks feel like something is "popping" upwards.

I am feeling movements on baby's schedule every day... (basically every 3-4 hours, starting at 6am.) They are now strong enough to see outside of the stomach, I can see my stomach twitching and little bumps and sometimes even big bumps! This is all despite having an anterior.

So not to worry, it will come. I find I also feel a lot of pressure sometimes, on my bladder and against my ribs. You will eventually be feeling baby all the time, and might even hope for a break from it if they are really active and like to attack your bladder/ribs ;)

I have an anterior high placenta and I've only felt the add s"wimming" type flippy movement. Ive felt fluttering once but very low down my uterus. I think because of the position of the placenta we won't feel anything concrete until much later. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->