Ladies WTT with second child, what will you do different?

If I suffer from morning sickness, I will demand medication. Not a chance in hell I'm spending 9 months throwing up again! Not when I have a toddler to look after!

THIS! ^

I was throwing up all day every day for months, barely keeping anything down, then in desperation I rang the MW Advice people and a fantastic woman named Wendy rang my Drs and made them prescribe some anti-sickness stuff. I cried with relief (and considered naming the baby after her)!

Also differently: wait as long as possible to test. If I'm not officially pregnant, maybe it won't seem so long. I will know anyway, mind; I tend to have morning sickness from before my missed period,:growlmad:. MIGHT try not to eat quite so much. Hard to say if DS was big due to my eating, or if I was hungry because he was big. If baby needs the nutrients I'd hate to deprive them. He definitely used it all as I was back to pre-pregnancy weight almost immediately. May just cut sugars right down and up nutritious stuff.

I'd do a lot the same tbh. Test together. I definitely will tell some people straight away (those who were a great support when we MC our first) and others not till after 12wk scan (those who weren't), same as with DS. We will find out the sex again, as it helped us to bond. Homebirth again. DH is keen to have an independent MW again, I might be willing to give NHS a try, maybe with a doula.

I'll do everything the same with my pregnancy except wishing the last few weeks away! Looking back I wish I could've told my heavily pregnant self to stop cleaning and just lie on the couch reading and eating chocolate! We were team yellow with DS but are undecided whether to find out next time. Part of me would like to know earlier than the birth, although I knew I was having a boy somehow and it was a lovely surprise.

We didn't tell anyone names with DS and we won't be with our next. Even if we do find out the gender, we'll probably only tell our parents.

With a newborn, I'm going to relax more and not stress about things that don't matter like how tidy the house is! I'm not going to stress about sleep or cluster feeding as I know they all pass! I'll also be more open minded about putting LO in his/her own room earlier than we did with DS. We disturbed each other for weeks!

I am not going to say i won't do these things because I may change my mind but at the moment I plan not to...

* Tell ANYBODY until we have had first scan
* Disclose the gender to anybody until after the birth
* Disclose name until after the birth
* Freak so much about what I was eating (I cried after absent mindedly drinking a mcdonalds milkshake!)
* Eat so much junk food
* Have an epidural (it's a fear thing not a pride thing!)

Won't do anything differently in the pregnancy, apart from maybe eat a bit more, but afterwards I will try and care less about housework! In the labour I will try not to say the phrase ' I can't do this anymore' every 15 mins! As clearly, I was doing it hahah!

Lots of things!! I also found out at 3/4 weeks, we announced it to everyone (after our families of course) at 16 weeks. This time, I think I'd like to hold off even longer.

I would also like to keep the gender a surprise this time round, I think it will make birth much more exciting and suspensful!

I would also stick at breastfeeding, I gave up with my LO as he had a poor latch from a tongue and lip tie and had reflux to top it off. I would be keen to give baby wearing a go this time round and cosleeping.

Definitely going to avoid going overboard with buying things as I did with my first because half of what we bought were unnecessary and barely got used (eg newborn clothes!!!).

I want to have more photos and videos of labour and birth. And also try a water birth :)

There's so much more but I feel like I would write 2 pages worth!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->