Lagging by 1 week, and heard the Word IUGR !!

shivangi1210

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Today I Completed 28W+1D and went for Fetal Well being Scan.
Fetal Weight is normal 1011 gms or 2.2 Pounds.
As per the ovulation date and 7wks USG scan, GA should be 28W+1D, but as per today's Ultrasound GA came out to be 27W+1D. Lagging by 1 week :cry:
These are the stats for more Clear Picture :
BPD-27W+4D,
HC-27W+2D
AC-26W+3D
FL-27W+3D

After the check up when I went to Gyne, She told me that she want to test me for IUGR in my next visit which is after 3 weeks. I'll be 31 week by then.

My question is If i'm lagging by 1 week at 28W then i'm at risk for IUGR ?? and what can be done for babies growth ?

My baby was diagnosed with IUGR this week after not growing for three weeks and dropping to the 9th centile. They said if it wasn't for a blood disorder I have which can cause placental failure and still birth they would just monitor the growth via growth scans/Doppler scans and regular CTGs. They told me my baby would be delivered this Monday but they are going to do one further scan before that decision is carried out.

In extreme cases of IUGR, they will deliver early but if your fluid levels and blood flow to baby is fine then you'll just be monitored more closely

not classed as iugr until baby is 3 weeks behind. 1 week is nothing to be worried about. the only time to be worried is if you were to have more scans and baby's growth slowed or shown little growth.

I think maybe its just a precaution. 1 week behind sounds within the normal range.

That sounds a bit aggressive! Only one week 'behind'? That falls into the category of normal variation, surely. What were the measurements?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->