Laparoscopic surgery anyone?

Mrs.Ping

Mom of 1 ! TTC #2!!
Reaction score
Hello
Everyone haven't been on for awhile. I recently went to my OB for cramps and pain.( I suspect endo) He offered to do a laparoscopy and a HSG. I am a bit hesitant to do the lap. I have read all the steps and it just seems scary to me still! any stories would be appreciated.

Pros and cons. I was happy to have my done and over with. Plus didn't have to feel the hsg since asleep which I hear was painful for some people. Recovery is about 3-5 days. I do have scars. But just happy I got everything cleared up and knew everything was fine. My insurance covered some but still had to pay a little over 1000. So it is more expensive. I thought mine was worth it . Good luck!

Hi Mrs. Ping! I had a lap May of last year and I was beyond nervous for it! Surgery was great and the healing process was very quick, the incisions were the worst part but they are so small and very easy to take care of. If I had to do it again I most definitely would, without a doubt.

I do have a tiny scar on my right side but my belly button doesn't look any different! I was super nervous my belly button wouldn't look the same lol

I had it in Oct and was really scared before going for it. But it was easier than expected..You just have to be cautious for 2-3 days after it as it causes bit of dizziness and backache ...The incisions hurt only to touch... Otherwise its all fine...It os very atural to worry...But let me assure you that it will not be painful...Wish you good luck ...

Thanks a bunch ladies ! I'm feeling a lot better about things. The scariest part was reading that they expand your stomach with co2 and after your procedure traped gas can be very painful. If it is endo it's every where in there my bowel my left ovary and my bladder( my suspicions due to symptoms) oh and also in my sciatica nerve bunch. I have been having sciatica pain all the way down my left leg to my ankle it hurts and I'm already on pain killers for osteoarthritis. I'm in the situation where I hope they find something that can be easily cleared up but I know it's probably gonna come to a historectomy. ( my mom started menopause when she was 29 and had a full historectomy before 35. My older sister fell pregnant when she was 17 gave birth at 18 and had a partial historectomy at 19 . They both had severe endo. My sister was so bad because the dr kept missing it. It was on the back side of her ovary and tubes. It was so bad the the dr apologized to her many times for his incompetence! But I keep hope for 1 more bean to stick and grow. Thank ladies for all the support!

Hi Mrs. Ping
I had the HSG procedure. I was awake during the procedure. During the procedure I had dye injected into me and it flowed through my ovaries. They tell you to take 800mg OTC meds. The procedure was no more than 30 minutes. Honestly you still feel the pain some but was not horrible. You can go back to work or normal activities right after. I also had the SONO (saline injected) diff procedure, again take OTC meds and back to normal activity.

I had lap done based on findings from HSG/SONO. I had min endo and polyp removal. I was definitely in pain after the surgery. The first 2 days was rough for me but the last 3 was just letting the incision heal. I got 2 small incision on my right side and 1 small incision at belly button region. I would definitely say have surgery especially if your doctors are recommending it. Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->