Laparoscopy and AF

NikiJJones

Mummy to a magical boy
Reaction score
I'm booked in for my Laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy and Tube flush/ dye on November 5th. They told me that it can't be done if AF is happening. I should have had AF a full week before it, but this month I've not OVed yet, so looks like I will probably be AF full flow when the Lap is supposed to happen.

Does anyone know why they can't do it if I'm on AF? Will they definitely cancel it? I'm getting really stressed about it. I was supposed to have it all in September and they already postponed it my 2 months due to referring me to the wrong surgery. Not sure I can bare being postponed again.

I'm sorry hun, I don't have any answers for you. But I don't like to read and run. I'm sure someone on here will be able to give you answers. :hugs: In the meantime, why don't you try googling it or go to webmd.com? I'm sure you'll find some answers there. Good Luck!

Hi Niki, I had my lap and hysteroscopy in Feb this year. They can't do the procedures if you're on AF because they won't be able to have a clear/clean view. Sounds gross, but if you're shedding lining they can't do their observation to the best of their ability.
Try not to worry about it too much...you haven't missed this chance yet. Just wait it out and hopefully it will be over or almost over by the scheduled surgery! Maybe you O'd and just don't know...
Why are you having the procedures done? What are they looking to find?

They're looking for endo, as I get a lot of pelvic pain after OV each cycle, and severe bladder pain. I also had a lot of pain during my PG which I MCed in May.
They've also seen an ovarian cyst on a scan, so they are looking at that too.

Well, I'm also due to have a lap & dye next month, and was told that it didn't matter if I was on my period. I work in a hospital, and I asked the consultant, and the nurse on the ward, and both said the same thing.

So I dunno...

xx

Thanks Autumn Sky. That is interesting. I will ring them Monday and see what they say.

oh how strange2 be told 2 differnet things! poor nikki bet ur heads all over the place now,i had this done when i was about 20 (now 27) and i just cant remember !

Oh hun - i hope AF doesn't show and then yo won't have to worry about either! xx

My hospital said they wouldnt do it incase they caused endo in someone who didnt have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->