Laparoscopy found Fibroid blocking my tube

LilRu

Reaction score
I had a lap and dye last Friday, and my Dr. found a fibroid blocking the base of my fallopian tube. My DH told me the results after I woke up from surgery, and I will not speak with my Dr. until our post op in a couple days. I've been doing my own research and came up with a few options, 1- trying to shrink the fibroid, 2- myomectomy, 3- IVF....
Anybody have experience with this, advice or success stories?
Thank you so much in advance for any uplifting replies!!! GL to all the ladies reading this:kiss: :dust:

So sorry, I don't have any experience with what your dealing with, just experience in long term ttc. At least you had a doctor that recommended lap and they found this! I know some doctors never say anything about going that route. Hopefully they will make a plan to fix it and you will be on your way! Closer to answers!

Hi there! I don't have any advice, just wanted to wish you the best of luck and health!

I currently found out I had a 10cm+ fibroid that has enlarged my uterus. I am trying the natural way to shrink it for 6 months, and then will probably opt for surgery or drug shrinkage. Keep us updated after your follow up, and wish you the best.

I've had multiple surgeries for fibroids.

There is no point at all in trying to shrink them. They will grow back immediately as soon as your estrogen rises. Plus you could be trying to shrink it for months on end with very little success.

Remove it surgically asap. They should also check for fibroids elsewhere in/on your uterus. More often than not, women don't have just one.

Good luck!

I'm sorry to hear about your fibroid! I have a few myself, and I'm actually going to the doc today to talk about their locations and get fertility options.

Shrinking them is very hard. I tried DIM supplements to help get rid of excess estrogen but that really only gave me jawline breakouts. I also did 4 months of aupuncture, and while that relieved some of my symptoms (I didn't feel I had to wee as often), ultrasounds before and after showed they still grew during that timeframe. From my research, the best course of action is to eat healthy (esp leafy greens), work out, reduce red meat, and remove them if they're causing problems.

That being said, you should talk to your doc and get some recommendations. All my advice is just testimonial evidence and Dr. Google. :)

Good luck! I'm here for you if you want to talk. <3

I have tried all of the above. You name it and I have done it. In the end, my symptoms where unbearable....2 week long periods etc. I had 1 submucosal that was just messing with me. The rest were in the wall so not so much. I had 4 of them. The largest being the submucosal one, which impeded my cavity and caused my uterus to enlarge. I opted for the open myomectomy. Basically they cut me like a C-section and took them out. I went with this over da vinci or laproscopy because it gave the dr full access to retrieve them. She did a marvelous job and got all of them except for 2 tiny ones, which have since grown. I am gearing up for hysteroscopy before my IVF cycle in July to shave that new submucosal one down so it wont affect implantation.

Many women live with fibroids and it causes no issues. We are the unlucky ones. Bottom line, love, is to do what you feel comfortable with.

My Myomectomy was text book. I was off of pain meds the same day as the surgery and I took about 6 weeks before I was back to normal. But everyday I felt better. I would do it again, if it meant that I wouldn't have such horrible symptoms and if it meant that I would get pregnant, most importantly.

Let me know if you have any further questions, I will be happy to answer.

I have tried all of the above. You name it and I have done it. In the end, my symptoms where unbearable....2 week long periods etc. I had 1 submucosal that was just messing with me. The rest were in the wall so not so much. I had 4 of them. The largest being the submucosal one, which impeded my cavity and caused my uterus to enlarge. I opted for the open myomectomy. Basically they cut me like a C-section and took them out. I went with this over da vinci or laproscopy because it gave the dr full access to retrieve them. She did a marvelous job and got all of them except for 2 tiny ones, which have since grown. I am gearing up for hysteroscopy before my IVF cycle in July to shave that new submucosal one down so it wont affect implantation.

Many women live with fibroids and it causes no issues. We are the unlucky ones. Bottom line, love, is to do what you feel comfortable with.

My Myomectomy was text book. I was off of pain meds the same day as the surgery and I took about 6 weeks before I was back to normal. But everyday I felt better. I would do it again, if it meant that I wouldn't have such horrible symptoms and if it meant that I would get pregnant, most importantly.

Let me know if you have any further questions, I will be happy to answer.

Thanks for your support. I haven't checked back here in a few weeks. We got a puppy and he's been keeping me very busy and off the internet. lol..... So at my post op appt, my Obgyn said he suspected the fibroids were blocking the tubes, and referred me to a FS..
We did a HSG test and the tubes were actually not blocked, or the dye pushed thru any debris that may have been. They found a very small fibroid in my uterine cavity. So 2 weeks of being very upset about the result of lap n dye, and over $3000 later, turns out my OB's diagnosis was wrong. He first thought I had endo and that why he did the lap. He found none. I am currently looking for a new OB. My FS wants to do a water ultrasound to look at the small fibroid and then possible hysteroscopy to remove it, and then go from there. Yes, we are the unlucky ones that have to jump through hoops, and work our butts off to be blessed. But, in the end we will be the moms that truly appreciate our family and motherhood, while other mothers complain about getting no sleep.
Good luck to you and your journey. Sounds like you are getting aggressive with removing the fibroids. You must really be looking forward to July!!!! Baby dust to you xoxo :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->