Laprascopic surgery and ovarian drilling experiences

Timetotry

Reaction score
What were you experiences with laprascopic surgery and ovarian drilling?
My doctor has mentioned that will probably be our next step, she wants to check out everything and see if there is something else going on (besides the pcos).
I really don't want surgery. But I'm so fed up with failing.

I had the lap surgery. The searched and took out some minor scar tissue and also pushed dye through my tube to see if they were open. I had a slow recovery. Took about 1 week to walk sorta normal. Mostly from the gas. But it was all worth it to get answers!

Waiting- do you know what caused the scar tissue?
Were you on pain meds after?

I don't have any signs of endometrosis. But they said they would check for that, plus do the dye test, and ovarian drilling.

Hi all, I'm due to have laparoscopic surgery next month. I have 1 cyst linked to endometriosis so anyone with any advice/experiences that would be a great help 😊

Bump!
I'm really nervous about the pain, and recovery!
Please share your stories

Hi hun, I had a lap to remove a polyp, scar tissue, and stage 2 endo. I started a thread about it a while back and it talks about what it was like and other girls share their stories on what it was like. It really wasn't bad. The recovery wasn't too tough. You will do just fine. I only needed pain meds for a very short time and it wasn't that long before I was back to my old self again. Good luck! :hugs::hugs: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...opy-unblock-tubes-outcome-p-7-pics-p-8-a.html

Thank you for your message wannabeprego 😊 Have you got a link to that thread?

Your welcome! Yes, just click this link and it should come up for you! Here it is!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...opy-unblock-tubes-outcome-p-7-pics-p-8-a.html

Thank you for the link 😊
Week and 4 days till my pre op, what did they do at yours??

Thank you for the link 😊
Week and 4 days till my pre op, what did they do at yours??

YW!:flower: I don't remember my pre-op or if I had one. I just remember doing all of the infertility tests and than discussing my options after we reveiwed the findings with my dr. We just picked a date for the surgery and I went into an outpatient surgery center for the procedure. The link I shared with you outlines everything I went through with my lap and the other girls on there sharing there stories about what it was like when they had their's done. I had a polyp removed from my uterus, scar tissue removed, and stage 2 endo removed. The DR found fibroids but left them alone because of their location and he didn't think they would impact my fertility. The DR also looked at one of my fallopian tubes that is damaged to see if it was okay, it is damaged but I think the dye they use did flow through.

Good luck with your surgery! :hugs: I am sure that you will do just fine! :thumbup: I hope you get your BFP after it is done! :dust::dust:

I had a lap on the 24th for suspected endometriosis and secondary infertility.

It's keyhole surgery and fairly straightforward. Theyll have a good look around and probably put some blue dye through your tubes to make sure that there's no obstructions. They might also take a sample of your womb tissue. How many incisions you have will depend on whether they do other things while they're there and what they find. For me, they looked around, checked tubes, checked for scar tissue, cysts etc in uterus, took womb tissue, got rid of a few bits of endometriosis - I have three wounds. One on my hip that is tiny and barely noticeable already, one on my c section scar which is tiny and only really noticeable as it's red from the old scar tissue, and a larger one coming down from my belly button. None of them were ever really sore, there's a few pulling feelings on the belly button one, but I think that's due to my own stupidity (accidently pulled on a stitch instead on pulling up my tights the other day!).

Mine was done in day surgery, although there was a bit of damage to my bowel during the op so I ended up being kept in for 2 days with that. I was told to take 2 weeks off work to be cautious, again it depends on what you're getting done.

The worst part about the surgery for me was the gas they use to inflate your abdomen. It was the most painful part, although nothing that some strong cocodamol couldn't control. Again it may have been worse than normal for me as they accidently put the gas into my bowel when they first tried to insert it. But what I hated was the nausea it seemed to cause. I hate feeling sick, and I'm not going to lie, the nausea did last quite severely for about 6 days.

The pre op was just lots of the usual medical questions about allergies, pre existing conditions, previous surgeries etc, plus height and weight and bloods. Theyll give you some advice about what to do on the night leading up to your op and what to bring with you, tell you not to wear nail varnish etc.

Hope this helps a little! I had a bit of the fear of the unknown with it but it turned out totally fine!

Thanks for the messages, you've all been really helpful! Big question is ladies how long after surgery did you fall pregnant?? Did some of you go onto ivf or was able to conceive naturally? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->