Large brown patches on abdomen

LucyFur

Reaction score
I was just wondering if that could be a sign/symptom of pregnancy. I've heard about melasma (the face of pregnancy), but despite its name I heard women can also get it on their arms and abdomens.

I've had a few patches on my abdomen that I assumed were birth marks. But now there are more! They're large and a light brown colour. They don't itch, hurt or bleed. They just look unpleasant.

The problem is that despite having every symptom going (aside from metallic taste) I'm still getting BFNs. So I don't even know if this is pregnancy related or if all my symptoms are just due to coming off the pill. Can anyone help?! I think I may book an appointment with my dr.

If it is melasma, aside from expensive treatments and make up, is there anything I can do?

Could it be eczema? I have a reactive type that gives me dry, roundish patches that don't hurt or itch. Mine comes from contact with some additive in some soaps, detergents, and lotions. If it is melasma, I don't know what can be done. If it is eczema, keep the areas hydrated.

Two of my friends had melasma with their pregnancies but it was developed in the 2nd and 3rd trimester. I do not know if it can develop before a BFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->