Large sch bleed at 13 weeks

maryanne1987

Reaction score
Finally had my dating scan and although our beautiful baby is measuring ahead and is developing well they are concerned about a sch bleed that is still growing in size. It's now 7.5cm. I can't stop worrying now that it's going to mean something bad will happen. Does anyone have any success stories? I had a sch with my son but it only measured 6cm and was gone by 12 weeks.

Have you joined the SCH group? I had this during my pregnancy with my 3rd baby and it was so helpful to be in that group. Bedrest was the only thing that healed mine. I was on bedrest until I stopped bleeding and it never came back

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-groups/142576-sch-group-subchorionic-hematoma.html

It sounds like you arent bleeding though? Im honestly not sure if that is the case. You would have better luck in the SCH group! Good luck hun. I know it's stressful!

I had a very large sch at 9 weeks with this pregnancy and I also went on bedrest. They didn't advise me to, just said take it easy and don't have sex. But from what I read on here and elsewhere online I decided to go on bedrest so I felt I was doing everything possible and it cleared up and didn't come back. My baby now has an echogenic bowel which I'm told is very likely due to the absorption of the sch so I have extra monitoring and growth scans, but she is doing fine so far thankfully. Hope yours resolves soon.

I had a very large sch at 9 weeks with this pregnancy and I also went on bedrest. They didn't advise me to, just said take it easy and don't have sex. But from what I read on here and elsewhere online I decided to go on bedrest so I felt I was doing everything possible and it cleared up and didn't come back. My baby now has an echogenic bowel which I'm told is very likely due to the absorption of the sch so I have extra monitoring and growth scans, but she is doing fine so far thankfully. Hope yours resolves soon.

Exactly why I went on bedrest. My OB didnt seem to know too much about SCH's. But i did some research on it after every few days my bleeding would come back and be super heavy. I finally decided to go on complete bedrest and after that the bleeding went to brown, then to brown spotting for quite a while. I was too scared to go off bedrest until it completely went away. I believe I ended up being on bedrest 5 weeks. I probably could have come off it sooner once I started the faint brown spotting. That lasted forever. But it was just the old blood trying to make its way out.

Thanks ladies. I've had no bleeding yet. The bleed is just staying where it is but it's still growing. I'm so crampy and uncomfortable today, trying to be optimistic but it's hard.

Thanks ladies. I've had no bleeding yet. The bleed is just staying where it is but it's still growing. I'm so crampy and uncomfortable today, trying to be optimistic but it's hard.
I should've mentioned that I never bled either. The sch was seen on a scan but none of it ever came out. I think it would have if I had not had that scan (different reason) and then gone straight on bedrest. I did have cramping though and found out this is common because blood is an irritant to the uterus and the absorption will also cause cramping. Stay positive and stay lying down as much as possible and don't lift anything even slightly heavy. :flower:

Exactly why I went on bedrest. My OB didnt seem to know too much about SCH's. But i did some research on it after every few days my bleeding would come back and be super heavy. I finally decided to go on complete bedrest and after that the bleeding went to brown, then to brown spotting for quite a while. I was too scared to go off bedrest until it completely went away. I believe I ended up being on bedrest 5 weeks. I probably could have come off it sooner once I started the faint brown spotting. That lasted forever. But it was just the old blood trying to make its way out.

Yes, I was about two weeks in bed I think. I'm glad I did it even though it was hard. But the woman who scanned me didn't have much info for me either just gave me the standard recommendation and I really believe they should be advising bed rest to women in that situation, if there's any chance at all that it can help (and I believe there definitely is).

Mines is really small 26mm is it really necessary bedrest for me? I have 4 other children 🙈

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->