large small and average size babies

mummykel2009

Reaction score
if u have a baby up to 6lb its classed as very small, if u have a baby between 6lbs 9 and 8lbs 12 its classed as average and anything over 8lb 13 is classed as large,
so everyone lets here what size babys you have already had, my 1st was a 8lbs 1 ie classed as average size my 2nd was 2 weeks early and 9lbs 2 so classed as large esp for 2 weeks early hate to think if had on time.

this is what i have just read
Fetal macrosomia has been defined in several different ways, including birth weight of 8 lb 13 oz to 9 lb 15 oz (4000-4500 g) or, greater than 90% for gestational age. High birth weight (HBW), babies weighing over about 9 pounds (4,080g) fall into the 90th percentile for weight and are known as large for gestational age (LGA) babies.

About 10 percent of all babies weigh more than 8 pounds, 13 ounces (4 kg). With about 1.5% of babies their birth weight was equal to, or was greater than 9 lb 15 oz (4500 g). Rarely do babies weigh over 10 pounds (4.6kg). Although most LGA babies are born at term (37-41 weeks of pregnancy), a few premature babies may be LGA.

Hi, my daughter weighed 8.1 my son weighed 8.13. I am expecting this to be a big baby both my oh and I have quite big and he weighed 11.1 when he was born....(OMG!!) does that mean this baby will be a big one?:bodyb:

my first was 8.15 :shock: not preg with 2 yet but wonder wot that will be :lol: morgan was 13 days late tho x

DS was 6pounds 8oz - so just about average I guess - I think this baby will be about 7 pounds something as last time I had gd so was really watching mt diet when I was borderline gd - so think I was being over-cautious. So this time I will relax more and expect this bubbs to be a bit heavier. Also love chubby faces and hands so would love a bit of a chubbier baby xx

i've had two 5 lb 11 oz babies, one 6 lb 9 oz baby and one 8 lb 3 oz baby :) who knows what this one will be yet lol

Haven't had my baby yet, but I was born 4 weeks early, but was still 6 pounds 7 ounces,
so I wonder if my baby will be average if I carry to term, or will be small.

my DD was 6 lbs 13 at 42+2 that was 5th centile of my customised growth chart... they said she was small and that I had no waters left, having doppler and growth scan this time!

My 3 sons were 7lb 14oz, 6lb 11oz, and 6lb 2oz so i guess they got smaller as i had them x

My Daughter was 6lbs 4.5oz so small but this little rascal feels twice the size already! :p

My 1st was 7lb 4 2 weeks late. 2nd was 7lb 9 on time...... third will find out soon

My son was 9lb 5oz...my husband and I were both large babies too, so don't know if that's a predictor of our upcoming baby? :)

My first was a boy and he was 7Lb 2oz and the second was a girl and she was 7Lb 1oz. Both very average!

dont know the lb system so dont really understand the first post, but my son weight almost 4,5 kilos at birth.

my first was 7lb 15oz at 41 weeks so average my daughter was 8lb 13oz at 41+2 so just on the large side and my 3rd was 9lb 12oz rather large with him i was induced the day after my due date when born was 40+3 by the way they have gone up i am expecting a 10lb 11oz baby having a growth scan at 34weeks to see what is happening then seeing my consultant xxx

dylan was 8.10 and erin 7.11 dylan was huge in my books as i am only 5ft2!

my daughter was 6lb 1oz, so small, but we knew she would be as i had pih and had caused ugr, she is up to 6lb 6oz now though - had her weighed today so heading towards 'normal' birthweight, just a few days late lol!

Amelie was a small baby. She was 6lb4oz at birth and looked teeny tiny. A lot of people said she was the smallest baby they'd seen and that she looked like a doll :cloud9: She's still a small baby so think she's just petite :)

my daughter was 8lb 9oz, :) my friends son was born 4 weeks ago and he was 5lb 11oz, a month on he is 8lb 8oz, not even as heavy as my daughter at birth ! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->