Last Attempt !! Major Work Involved... Bloody Determined !!!!!!!!

Ann-Marie

I adore my 3 children !!!
Reaction score
Ok.... so I woke up this morning, and Derek already had the kids up and fed and dressed.. including Mia.
So I was quite chilled. The boys were downstairs watching telly, and there was 45 mins before I had to take them to school. So I decided to give it another go.... I didn't feed at all yesterday, so my nipples weren't sore at all.
I decided to try a different position too. I sat with my legs apart, and put Mia in front of me, facing my chest. She was in her 'Golden Time'... not hungry, nd wide awake. She latched on absolutely perfectly :happydance: So I did 15 minutes on each side, and she fell asleep content. Then I got the kids to school... ( well, Lewis ) and sent Ethn up to Grandads house. Then I stripped off, and stripped Mia off, and we went to bed. She fed for about and hour and a half, and is now fast asleep in my bed :D She hasn't had a borottle since 5:30am, and she's not screaming blue murder... Yet !!! So I must have enough milk at the moment.

I'm gonna really perservere for the rest of the day... no bottles to cause confusion. She has gained loads of weight so far, so I can let her go for a day without filling her with formula I think.

She's awake... so must continue with my mission !!!!! :lol:

Wish me luck on making my Mia Minx a Booby Baby !!!!!

:hug:

Aww well done, and good luck for the rest of the day xxx

keep it up! what a good plan you had!!

thats brill hun!! I remember having good days like this :yippee: think I just ended up confusing courtney way to much!!

However courtney never fed for just 15 mins on each then be content!! :( so well done Mia!!

Well done you! Keep up the good work :happydance:

Good luck. They do want boobie really, it just takes effort! I hope you don't get sore again. :hugs:

Again, good luck!!! :D

YAY Well done Mia! Long may it continue! :happydance: x

That's wonderful!! When my LO was 4 days old a breastfeeding counsellor came to see me as Iwas really struglling and she told me to lie baby on me like that, things turned around straight away and now we're nearly at 6 months. Well done you for perserving!:happydance: Keep us updated xxx

Thanks everyone. Well I've just given her an ounce of formula from a cup... (that was easy.. NOT). I'm really trying, but am in agony again :cry: I have a line across my nipple evrytime I take her off :shrug:
Close to giving up again....... :hissy: But no... I said 24 hours... so 24 hours it is!!

aww hun it is tough but well done for sticking with it, you are doing a fab job!

x

How are you getting on with the latch, the line across your nipple suggests that it's not quite right. If it's not right you will keep getting sore. Have you had anyone help you with it?

Come one love, you can do it! Fight, fight, fight for it!

I think if it's hurting when you latch her on you should keep taking her off and relatching untill it's comfortable for you.

They say the first 6 weeks are the hardest and you're nearly there. When I was struggling I rang the breastfeeding network and they gave me the phone number of a breastfeeding counsellor, this might be a good idea to check your latch? Or have you got a baby cafe nearby? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->