Last cycle info?

sweetbliss89

Reaction score
So this is my first time being pregnant but I do know that at the first appointment they usually will ask when your last cycle was and they'll base your due date off of that. Well I temp so I KNOW I ovulated on July 25th which was CD 12 for me. If I gave them the first day of my last cycle, July 14th then they'll say my due date is April 20th when really is should be April 17th since I O early. I know that they won't hear me out and actually base it off of when I O even though I have the chart and proof. So with all of that being said I had a thought this morning...

Would it be crazy for me to tell them that the first day of my last cycle was July 11th instead of the 14th so that they'll give me a due date that is the same as when I O'd? I know it is only a few days but for some reason I feel like it is important to me for it to be accurate since I know for sure the accurate date.

Once you get an ultrasound they will base it off that anyway, or they do here. Tell them what you want, I'd say :)

I agree. Three days won't make a difference in the end - you're baby will come when it is ready so if it is important to you, I'd do it!!

Just because you ovulated on a specific day does not make a difference for the pregnancy dating. They will eventually narrow it down. I am guessing I ovulate late because my baby is measuring a week younger than I am using the last menstrual cycle date. I would say don't lie to the doctor. That could create a bad habit. This is the person you are expecting to deliver your first child. Trust is a big thing. Also I'm going to go ahead and warn you now. You seem to want to have control over the due date
First time babies are usually late. It doesn't really matter to them what the calendar says. They will come when they want. Knowing when you ovulate does not necessarily mean you know when you conceived or implanted. My little minion didn't implant until the day I was due for AF and it still took a few days to get a BFP. Keep the correct date. Most testing and other important dates are calculated from the last menstrual cycle. If you throw the docs off to get the due date you want, it may come back to bite you in the end.

So try to relax and start letting go of the urge to control. Baby is in control now and it will make sure you know it haha.

Just my personal opinion.

If it was a matter of a week or more, I would say to say something, but 3 days isn't really going to make much of a difference. And, you might know the day you ovulated, it does not mpnecessarily mean that egg and sperm met that day. It can take up to 48 hrs for conception to happen. I wouldn't worry too much about it now. Your first scan will sort it out. They'll adjust due date if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->