Last Ditch Effort

mouse_chicky

Reaction score
My dh and I have been ttc #3 on and off since Dec. 2014. We currently have a beautiful 7 year old dd and 4 (almost 5) year old ds. We've tried ntnp, six months on bc to kickstart fertility, 6 month of clomid, and on and on. I have endometriosis, so the balance of wanting to try and not wanting the endo to get out of control has been a factor to the on-and-off trying.
So here we are. After extensive conversation and tears, we've decided we do not want to do IUI, but we want to try femara. (It worked for us for our second pregnancy, although it ended in miscarriage.) One round down, 1 :bfn: 4 more to go.
We're already nearly certified to be foster parents, as we kept a 16 teen year old we met at the school we work at for about 7 weeks. Although that experience was terrifying and wonderful at the same time, we've decided not to go that route again for many years. However, we would like to foster to adopt an infant if these rounds of femara are unsuccessful.
It's been quite a journey, and I've learned to ride the rollercoaster of emotion with a sense of humor.

There's got to be some reason my soul won't let go of having a third child. The desire and drive is there for a reason. I believe that God's will and timing is perfect, but that doesn't make the wait easy.

Anyone else on the last leg of their ttc journey? Or just want to chat? I ditched baby and bump for a couple of years; now I'm ready to reconnect and make some friends. :hi:

I somewhat understand what you're going through! It took forever to get pregnant out first time and at first decided we weren't going through it again. We started fostering to adopt and are about to adopt a 1 year old we have had since birth. It had been pressing on me for quite a while that I really wanted just one more of our own so we are getting prepared for IVF. If there is something telling you one more, then you go all out for that last beautiful baby! I feel personally that you will know for sure when you're done. Good luck on your next cycle!

hi!!
we're ttc number 2 and this will be the last as im 38 now.
would love to chat. im doing letrozole this cycle and am just waiting on AF or a BFP x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->