Last hurdle and home stretch

LulaBug

Mum of 6
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Been in 3rd tri a few weeks now but haven't updated anything as of yet.

I have just under 7 weeks until I go in for my c section to get little man out.

I'm just a bit scared as I'll be going in on my own for everything. Has anyone else ever given birth on their own?

It's purely for logistical and childcare aspect reasons. We just don't have enough help around us to be able to assist with school runs and looking after them while hubby can be with me.

I'm first on the list in the morning though so hopefully because I know I'll be getting sorted pretty quickly after getting to hospital, I won't have that horrible uneasy feeling of looking at the clock and wondering when I'm next.

My main concerns are whether the baby will be ok. Also, I'm worried about this being my 5th c section and being told that I'm unable to have anymore children after this one. I want to try one more time to see if I can get another girl before I call it a day and I don't know how I'd face the sad news on my own. Other aspects really, I guess just the fact that I'll be at my most vulnerable with no support and anyone to share the joy when the baby is delivered. It just makes me feel a bit sad.

It's such a big moment and I guess if it goes right, it'll be a unique one I can treasure in terms of he'll be my first baby I'd have had on my own but there is a big fear inside at the same time.

Is there anyway you could opt for a vaginal delivery hon? I know my aunty had 5 c sections And then she was told strictly she can’t have anymore.
They don’t normally like you having any more than 3. So 5 is pushing it.
I think it has something to do with the scar and how they cut in the same place everytime and the more sections you have u have a high risk of bleeding out on the operating table.
My neighbour had 3 sections And they said to her no more because it could kill her.

u need to think of this baby first love and being there for all your kids. If I had sections with mine then I definitely wouldn’t be trying again now I would be so scared about leaving my kids without a mum.

Definitely something u need to think about love.
My aunty got such a telling off when she went in for her 5th section.

I had no idea all yours were sections:

maybe u should discuss more babies with ure consultant and see what they say. There may be a way around it.
I’m gonna keep my fingers crossed for you.
I hope my comment doesn’t cause any upset I’m just being honest and looking out for you love.
Xxx

So exciting ure be having ure baby soon. just a few more weeks left now and it will fly I bet.
Make sure you post photos

No offence taken at your comments Sugger.

Honestly, I know the truth of it deep down is that I probably won't be able to have any more after this one but if I can, then I'd love to have one more and then call it a day.

4 more weeks til the big day and I'm still waiting for pre op appointment date. I'll give it another week and if not heard anything, I'll chase it up. It's usually a couple of days before anyways when I go for it so I'm sure they'll get in touch in decent time.

4 weeks honestly seems so far but so close all at the same time. It's weird. Lol

Eeeeeeek 4 weeks is just around the corner love how exciting. Why do they always leave it last minute to give dates. I got my date when I was 35 weeks. They wanted me to wait until I was 36+4 but new my consultant wanted to induce me at 37 weeks and no way was I leaving it until 36+4 to get a date. So short notice.
I managed to get them to be give me one at 35 weeks. I was booked in for the 4th but they were well busy so I had to wait another day.
I hope u get. Ure date soon love.

What about all these celebrities that have loads of c sections. Like Katy price she’s had 5 and still wants more babies. So why are they aloud?
So annoying

My C section date is the 7th but they do that whole pre op bit beforehand and give the meds to take to help settle the stomach or whatever it is they do lol!

I can't get on to the hospital app thing right now to see any of my stuff as I think the system is down. Gah!

I don't think I love my husband anymore. I really don't. I feel like he let's his family walk all over him and me and the kids end up with the shitty end of the stick.

When I went in to have Jack, my friend babysat at short notice so that he could be with me. When he was born, he had to leave pretty much immediately to get back as it was late and she had to have her own kids up for school in the morning. Understandable. His family weren't interested in helping.

When I went in to have Louise, his sister babysat the others and again, he had to leave as soon as I was taken up to recovery as she was harassing him to come back and get the kids. I then spent Christmas on my own in hospital with Louise with no visitors or anything.

This time, tried to organise things a couple of months in advance with his parents seeing Jack and Louise more with the hopes they'd get used to seeing them enough that getting collected from nursery by them at lunchtime wouldn't be too much of an issue. They've been making all these half hearted comments and the contact has ceased.

I personally feel my husband has never really stood his ground and just let his family decide what's going on and I've just been left on the sidelines to deal with how it goes. I am petrified of going in on my own and something going wrong and if that wasn't bad enough, the complete isolation of not even being able to see anyone until we get to come home whenever that may be.

I've felt over a long period of time, especially this pregnancy that I'm detaching from my husband and that my feelings are just disappearing because I'm having to deal with a lot on my own emotionally. Having my 2 MMC's in 2020 where I had to go through those alone were a kick start to things I guess especially because it was all just kept hush hush like some kind of dirty secret.

I'm not really sure if this is normal with how I'm feeling but honestly, I'm really just not feeling anything towards him right now except resentment and hostility. I'm just hoping that everything will be OK during the c section and recovery.

So glad u have ure date and that’s so close.
I hope it all goes amazingly well.

im so sorry ure going through a rough time with OH.
I hope things settle and everything gets back on track.

I’m waiting to miscarry again.
And absolutely heart broken. I really thought this one was here to stay with my tests being so dark.
But sadly it wasn’t meant to be.
This will be my 9th loss.
I am just waiting for the bleeding.

I hate it that I’m back to ttc again:
I new it was too good to be true.

I feel like giving up but know in 6 months I turn 43 and then my chances drop dramatically.

I really do hope and pray I will get my rainbow baby.

this is my 2nd loss this year but this feels so much worse because I’m further along and my lines were very dark.
I thought this was my rainbow but nope.
:cry:

I don't think I love my husband anymore. I really don't. I feel like he let's his family walk all over him and me and the kids end up with the shitty end of the stick.

When I went in to have Jack, my friend babysat at short notice so that he could be with me. When he was born, he had to leave pretty much immediately to get back as it was late and she had to have her own kids up for school in the morning. Understandable. His family weren't interested in helping.

When I went in to have Louise, his sister babysat the others and again, he had to leave as soon as I was taken up to recovery as she was harassing him to come back and get the kids. I then spent Christmas on my own in hospital with Louise with no visitors or anything.

This time, tried to organise things a couple of months in advance with his parents seeing Jack and Louise more with the hopes they'd get used to seeing them enough that getting collected from nursery by them at lunchtime wouldn't be too much of an issue. They've been making all these half hearted comments and the contact has ceased.

I personally feel my husband has never really stood his ground and just let his family decide what's going on and I've just been left on the sidelines to deal with how it goes. I am petrified of going in on my own and something going wrong and if that wasn't bad enough, the complete isolation of not even being able to see anyone until we get to come home whenever that may be.

I've felt over a long period of time, especially this pregnancy that I'm detaching from my husband and that my feelings are just disappearing because I'm having to deal with a lot on my own emotionally. Having my 2 MMC's in 2020 where I had to go through those alone were a kick start to things I guess especially because it was all just kept hush hush like some kind of dirty secret.

I'm not really sure if this is normal with how I'm feeling but honestly, I'm really just not feeling anything towards him right now except resentment and hostility. I'm just hoping that everything will be OK during the c section and recovery.
Oh no, this sounds horrible I'm sorry :hugs:. Not the time when you want to be feeling distanced from your partner. Are you able to talk to him generally about how you're feeling? How does he respond if you raise issues? Just playing devil's advocate here but if he's like a lot of men (no offense to men here) he just might be completely oblivious to how his actions (or lack of) are making you feel. If I were you I'd sit him down and explain how you need his support and for him to be there with you around and after the birth, and that he needs to put his big boy pants on and maybe have a difficult conversation of his own with his family in order for him to be there for you.
I really hope things pick up for you :hugs:

Baby Theo was born on 7th July 2022 at 12pm on the dot and weighing 6lb exactly.

He's doing absolutely fantastic and I can't believe he's now 5 days old already.

I'd spent over a week in hospital before his arrival thanks to a pain in my side and back. The hospital decided to keep me in to monitor everything and see me through to my delivery date. I'm not sure what the pain was but I'm wondering if Theo had been leaning against something as the pain since birth has gone down even though still there. Guess we'll see in the next couple of days as I heal more.

Congratulations! Was your husband able to be there with you?

Many congratulations mama. Enjoy those precious moments. I'll be having my 7th section in 6 weeks or so. I was told after our 6th baby to not try again but this one just came alone. This will definitely be my last. Sending so much love x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->