Last meal before bedtime question

h has tea at 5pm ish then bottle at half 6, bed at 7pm wakes up (well we wake him!) at 7am!

Thanks ladies. He didnt eat breakfast today & had a bottle (6 oz) at around 1 pm. At 4 pm he had lunch with us -2 tbsps of cooked food (chicken & mixed veggies stews & little rice) which is great. He didnt eat or drink anything (other than water) until 10 pm. I had some pasta with chicken & mashroom sauce leftovers & he ate around 2 tbsps + 1 cheese slice :D After 30 mins he had his bottle(6 oz) without a fuss & went to bed. I hope it works as he ate well compared to other days. xxx

Here is a couple websites I found a few weeks ago for my toddler. We battle EATING here with him. I dread and fear feeding him as of lately. I just dont want the battle and he cries now, so I dont know what to do. Anyways, take a look...alot of the ladies gave LOTS of advice, I have stole some ideas for myself and hoping it works. I am so glad he ate for you, the comfort in knowing he ate is relaxing and I hope it took some weight off your shoulders.

https://www.keepkidshealthy.com/toddler/feeding_your_toddler.html

https://www.babycenter.com/0_age-by-age-guide-to-feeding-your-toddler_1736045.bc

Evie usually has a cooked dinner of meat/fish with pasta/potatoes and mixed veggies followed by a fromage frais at about 5-5.30pm. Her bedtime bottle is usually about 7.30pm and she'll drink around 6-7oz.
Have you tried giving Omar 2 cooked meals a day hun? x

I gave him 2 cooked meal yesterday as he didnt eat breakfast. He didnt wake up hungry, but he didnt sleep because of his cold :(

I will try it again tonight. Hoepfully he will sleep better. I think he also misses his dad (he's travelling), I think this is why last night he didnt sleep well, as he kept waking up & calling him, which was heart breaking :cry:

Poor little guy, hugs to him :hugs: boys sure love their daddy. It is hard when routine and environment change, they dont quite understand and crying is the best way in their minds. When is daddy returning?

Also, I was told by my pediatrician to NOT focus on the callorie intake, so the first website focuses on it, cus it fills them up apparently..but for first time being with a food challenge, like you and I have, focus on getting him to eat bits, portions as labled here. So far it works on a good day for us, but the bad days out weigh the good and I get back tracked to square one.

G usually finishes her dinner about 5.30 and she is in bed around 6.30. She tends to eat a bigger lunch and not much dinner

This gives the advice my ped gave :)

https://www.babycenter.com/0_feeding-problems-refusing-to-eat_9203.bc

Evie usually has a cooked dinner of meat/fish with pasta/potatoes and mixed veggies followed by a fromage frais at about 5-5.30pm. Her bedtime bottle is usually about 7.30pm and she'll drink around 6-7oz.

I gave him 2 cooked meal yesterday as he didnt eat breakfast. He didnt wake up hungry, but he didnt sleep because of his cold :(

I will try it again tonight. Hoepfully he will sleep better. I think he also misses his dad (he's travelling), I think this is why last night he didnt sleep well, as he kept waking up & calling him, which was heart breaking :cry:

Poor little guy, hugs to him :hugs: boys sure love their daddy. It is hard when routine and environment change, they dont quite understand and crying is the best way in their minds. When is daddy returning?

Thanks hun for the links, I will take alook at them now. DH is coming back on Friday, but my mum who lives with us is also travelling within the coming few days :cry:

Living with lots of ppl is not easy (my parents & 2 brothers live with us), as Omar is attached to all of them,

it all started when my brother left on vacation for 1 week 1 day after Omar's birthday, then my dad left for 1 month, when he came back, DH left, & now my mum will also leave for 2-3 weeks :cry:

I never thought that this is what's affecting his eating & sleeping, but now I'm sure it's some sort of separation anxiety

Thanks hun for the links, I will take alook at them now. DH is coming back on Friday, but my mum who lives with us is also travelling within the coming few days :cry:

Living with lots of ppl is not easy (my parents & 2 brothers live with us), as Omar is attached to all of them,

it all started when my brother left on vacation for 1 week 1 day after Omar's birthday, then my dad left for 1 month, when he came back, DH left, & now my mum will also leave for 2-3 weeks :cry:

I never thought that this is what's affecting his eating & sleeping, but now I'm sure it's some sort of separation anxiety

when im sad i cant eat, well i cant eat properly. I lack in my sleep. Its awful for little ones. Bryce gets very wheepy when hes upset and giving food, ya right. He went 2 days without even eating a nibble of dry cereal. I was to a point of taking to the dr but I know they would laugh at me. We have toddler nutritional milk and juices here, in the baby section. Maybe you could try that for him and just work on the foods witht hat? I am glad your around family alot, its best that way, they can help out with him. Take your time with the links, along with everyones routine advice and advice all this will be helpful for you. It helps me, and I think I am a horrible mother for not remembering how to deal with this as I have 4 older ones. I think alot of cuddles will do him some good. He looks cute in your pic tho ;)

when im sad i cant eat, well i cant eat properly. I lack in my sleep. Its awful for little ones. Bryce gets very wheepy when hes upset and giving food, ya right. He went 2 days without even eating a nibble of dry cereal. I was to a point of taking to the dr but I know they would laugh at me. We have toddler nutritional milk and juices here, in the baby section. Maybe you could try that for him and just work on the foods witht hat? I am glad your around family alot, its best that way, they can help out with him. Take your time with the links, along with everyones routine advice and advice all this will be helpful for you. It helps me, and I think I am a horrible mother for not remembering how to deal with this as I have 4 older ones. I think alot of cuddles will do him some good. He looks cute in your pic tho ;)

Thanks alot hun for your support. :hugs::hugs:

He's already on Aptamil toddlers milk & I give him multi vitamins. We'r going out everyday to play areas. Hopefully it will get better when his dad is back on friday. I will go through the links, I really appreciate your help & support. Big hugs :hugs:

Tom has tea between 5 and 5.45pm, has bath at 6.15pm and is in bed following 8oz of milk by 7pm. He generally sleeps through to 6amish but sometimes wants milk in the night still.

For tea he will have something hot (risotto, pasta etc), with a yoghurt, rice cakes or toast and some fruit. He eats some of everything but I wouldn't say he eats loads.

Fingers crossed Omer sleeps better for eating a. bit better. Tom seems to be waking up hungry in the middle of the night at the mo. I'm hoping its just a growth spurt cos he doesn't always chose to eat much during the day and what he does eat takes ages.

Ella has her dinner (cooked meal) at about 6-6.30pm. She's usually in bed around 7-7.30pm.
Generally they say you shouldn't eat a heavy meal right before bed, but I've only ever heard this for adults who are trying to loose weight or having trouble sleeping. I can't imagine it would do any harm to a toddler, and it certainly has never had any negative effect on my lo.

Bun has about the same schedule as Omar - he goes to bed late and sleeps until 9:30-10:00 am in the morning. He has breakfast at around 11:00, snack at 1:30, main lunch at 4:30-5:00 and then dinner at 7:30-8:00. His dinner is whatever we are having (pasta, stew, curry, sushi,eggs, etc) or toast and almond butter if he is being fussy. Then he gets milk (bf) at 9:30 right before bed. xx

Lyric has her tea at 5.30-6pm and is in bed by 7.15pm.

I've often put her down to sleep right after eating her lunch even. When she regularly napped in the middle of the day she would have lunch at 11.30am then straight into bed afterwards at about 12pm. She was fine then.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->