Last pregnancy revelations......

ChristinaRN

Mother of 3, pg with #4
Reaction score
So I know this most likely be my last pregnancy (#4) and I was just laying there the other night enjoying the movements of my son inside. How quickly we forget what it actually feels like. It is absolutely amazing that I have a baby growing inside of me. And then it dawned on me.....we are going to be a family of SIX!!! WOW! I have known I am having a baby....but for some reason it really became real this week. Weird, i know.....is anyone else going through this?
I am soooo going to miss being pregnant....it's kind of hard knowing this is the last time I will feel these baby kicks etc. But on the other hand....it starts a whole new era for our family.....once pregnancy is over I can FINALLY get rid of maternity clothes, and as the baby grows I can finally get rid of the crib, high chair etc.....things that I have been hanging on to over the years (my oldest is almost 10). It will be nice to be moving on....
Weird feelings I know, hormones.....yah, that must be the reason. Anyone else on their last pregnancy and having mixed emotions/thoughts?:shrug:
The other thing.....for once I will finally feel complete.....that eveyone is here that is supposed to be. Starting 2 1/2 years ago I knew we weren't complete....but DH was totally against having a 4th child.....thankfully his heart changed! All of my kids will finally be present and accounted for!!!

The other thing.....for once I will finally feel complete.....that eveyone is here that is supposed to be. All of my kids will finally be present and accounted for!!!

I feel like I could have written that myself. That's how I feel - is that I'm not going to be done having babies until I have 4.

:hugs: So happy for you that you get to start a new era in your life. :) :flower:

(sorry I'm just being nosey from 2nd tri.)

I am also 35 weeks pregnant with my 4th and last baby. I am having the same feelings. I am excited to move on to the next stage of our family life but I am also sad at that thought. My oldest is 7 so I have been popping babies and nursing since then and being able to rid my house of all the extra stuff will be exciting! I actually just listed all my summer maternity clothes on ebay because this is my first spring baby, all the others were in the fall. I have had a real tough pregnancy so I am ready for it to be done but I do understand the thought of never feeling a baby move inside again is sad. I am happy that this will be the last delivery I ever have to go through!!!! lol.

I am in the same position as you and am really trying to enjoy these last couple of weeks. I know now that we are done and not just because I am 40 and having my 4th c-section.

We have spent the last 15 years either TTC or being pregnant and I am looking forward to this new phase of our lives. It will be strange to be using all the baby stuff one last time.

This is my last pregnancy, unless by some act of un-forseen happenstance we get pregnant one more time, at which point I will happily carry to term, birth baby #3 and then get my tubes tied!

I've had the same feelings you have had about this being the last time to feel these things, and I think that really it takes you back down to earth. You remember that we are only a small part of a larger puzzle, but you also get to glimpse your own mortality.

If there is anything to be grasped on to and never let go, it is the fact that we have brought people into this world who will change it. For better or for worse. (Preferably for better!) Our legacy is not in material wealth or in the amount of friends we add to Facebook, but in the adventures we take, how we raise our children and how they interact with the world.

Now, getting my head out of the philosophical clouds, I think the hardest part is getting our OH's and DH's to realize that THIS IS IT. This is the last time you will get to feel your child move before it is born.

It has taken this long for my Hubby to start to really exhibit excitement on a larger than normal scale, and actually put his hand on my belly without prompting. We're almost done!

This is my last pregnancy, unless by some act of un-forseen happenstance we get pregnant one more time, at which point I will happily carry to term, birth baby #3 and then get my tubes tied!

I've had the same feelings you have had about this being the last time to feel these things, and I think that really it takes you back down to earth. You remember that we are only a small part of a larger puzzle, but you also get to glimpse your own mortality.

If there is anything to be grasped on to and never let go, it is the fact that we have brought people into this world who will change it. For better or for worse. (Preferably for better!) Our legacy is not in material wealth or in the amount of friends we add to Facebook, but in the adventures we take, how we raise our children and how they interact with the world.

Now, getting my head out of the philosophical clouds, I think the hardest part is getting our OH's and DH's to realize that THIS IS IT. This is the last time you will get to feel your child move before it is born.

It has taken this long for my Hubby to start to really exhibit excitement on a larger than normal scale, and actually put his hand on my belly without prompting. We're almost done!
Very well said!!!! BTW I love your quote at the bottom with your signature....I just may have to steal it:flower:

I feel the exact same way. We thought #4 was it for us and sold EVERYTHING :haha: 2 months shy of my daughters 2nd birthday we decided no we really want one more and so here we are :thumbup: We will be a family of 7 with 5 kids and our van will be at maximum capacity! :) I said to my husband the other day...I know I've been pregnant for 28 weeks now but I just can't believe this little girl growing inside me is going to be ours. It just feels so different this time around. I feel SO blessed :) It's really an amazing feeling to know your family is complete. I just can't wait for all the fun times to come once there is another little one running around.

I feel the exact same way. We thought #4 was it for us and sold EVERYTHING :haha: 2 months shy of my daughters 2nd birthday we decided no we really want one more and so here we are :thumbup: We will be a family of 7 with 5 kids and our van will be at maximum capacity! :) I said to my husband the other day...I know I've been pregnant for 28 weeks now but I just can't believe this little girl growing inside me is going to be ours. It just feels so different this time around. I feel SO blessed :) It's really an amazing feeling to know your family is complete. I just can't wait for all the fun times to come once there is another little one running around.
I never thought I would say this......but Minivans are a blessing!:haha: Saved me from having to buy another car when I got preggo with this one. And we still have room for 1 friend. Only 6 more years though and I'll have a kid that's driving!!! CRAZY!
Luckily we hadn't sold everything YET but there are a few things we have to get....no big deal though. Have no baby clothes, no swing and no carseat. Still have crib, high chair and pack n play.

I never thought I would say this......but Minivans are a blessing!:haha: Saved me from having to buy another car when I got preggo with this one. And we still have room for 1 friend. Only 6 more years though and I'll have a kid that's driving!!! CRAZY!
Luckily we hadn't sold everything YET but there are a few things we have to get....no big deal though. Have no baby clothes, no swing and no carseat. Still have crib, high chair and pack n play.

I've never been a big mini-van fan, so when we were looking for a vehicle to replace our sports car that DH managed to total at a stoplight, at a FULL STOP no less... Ahem... we found this (previously posted on 2nd tri board):

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/478474-expecting-third-child-car-uk.html#post8069537

Same deal I suppose as a mini van, as far as seating. I have 9 years to go till I have a kiddo behind the wheel. Sheesh, that terrifies me...

I think the best part about this SUV, besides the seating, is the TV. Silent car rides are the best. :)

Someone posted this on another thread a couple of days ago

The words were so beautifully put and makes everything you do worthwhile whilst appreciating what you have at the time

It will make u cry and make you hug and kiss your babies straight after

Enjoy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olSyCLJU3O0

I've never been a big mini-van fan, so when we were looking for a vehicle to replace our sports car that DH managed to total at a stoplight, at a FULL STOP no less... Ahem... we found this (previously posted on 2nd tri board):

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/478474-expecting-third-child-car-uk.html#post8069537

Same deal I suppose as a mini van, as far as seating. I have 9 years to go till I have a kiddo behind the wheel. Sheesh, that terrifies me...

I think the best part about this SUV, besides the seating, is the TV. Silent car rides are the best. :)

I've never been a mini-van fan either but it's what we ended up with :haha: I would love to have an escalade but it's a little out of budget for us. My next choice would be a suburban and hopefully that'll happen next year. My oldest is 12 so she has 4 more years to go before she'll be driving :thumbup:

Thank you for posting the video, our first baby isn't here, yet, but it has given me a new appreciation for my wonderful parents and the life they gave me and my three sisters growing up. Just beautiful. Sob. All weepy now.

I'm having my last baby too. I thought the last one was the LAST hehe! This time it really is. We got rid of everything but a few token outfits so everything is new this time. It really is a miracle to feel baby moving and know that in a few short months I will be holding this little one and have the privilege of doing this all over again :) I did enjoy my time "in the next phase" but I feel really happy about having this baby :cloud9:

As things are now, we are on last baby too (only the 2nd, but with no families to help us here and 2 working parents, we feel that it's enough to handle, plus I'm 35). So OH said to get snipped after this.

I'm looking forward to the end, as I don't particularly enjoy being pregnant (even though with our first, we've been TTC for a long time, and I do APPRECIATE that I'm pregnant, I just don't enjoy it). I'll try to savour the new baby, as I remember how fast those first weeks went.

If by some accident we'd ended up with another baby, I know we'd always welcome him/her, but realistically, this is it.

I'm trying not to wallow, but savour each phase as it comes.

this will be my last, ive got 4 kids from previous marriage and my husband has 2 but this will be our only one together.
alltogether we will be a family of 9! ( hubbys 2 dont live with us,btw) and we have a couple of teens in the mix and the youngest is 5 so a big range of ages :):)

im glad to be reaching the end but will miss my giant bump, and im going to cherish every moment with my newborn, they grow so quickly!!:(

well i said after my first one that was my last but now im having my third i REALLY mean it lol i love it that each child is so differant to the other it amazes me that we can create these individual little people that will grow up to have thier own lives and children one day i dont feel sad that this will be my last one i am very grateful and know how lucky i am to have the children i have got but this will be my third c section and feeling very worn out and dont think my body could take another pregnancy lol im only 27 and im excited to move on to the next phase in my life of getting my career on track and making lots of money to make sure my children have the best :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->