late august baby - will this be too hot?

magicbubble

Reaction score
i got over excited when i saw this snowsuit/pramsuit (not sure which but its very padded and is furry on the outside) at the carboot sale for 50p today. its like new! i love it but wondered... will i use it?

baby is due 23rd august and this cosy thing is age 0-3 months.

if i put baby in it from the start do you think it will over heat? i want baby to get some use out of it before outgrowing it.... which is possible if i have a big baby i think.

Attachments

• 241385_10150265615201823_514256822_8920639_2305655_o.jpg
    241385_10150265615201823_514256822_8920639_2305655_o.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 28
i think it may be too hot

with that said i still have an almost identical one that my son never wore when he was born and intend to use it still. my son was born in december but it was too big for him and by the time it did fit it was too warm for it.

anywho the thing i keep saying to people who wonder why i havent bought any more summer dresses i simply say well late august plus two months is late october nearly november. i am sure you will get use out of it within the first couple of months

should be fine as it will last baby til nov if not longer. i live in scotland so its a bit colder but my baby will have one. i wouldnt use it if it was nice weather out tho x

thanks girls. stupid of me but im just praying for a terribly cold autumn now lol. my guineapigs who live outside wont thank me for that!

I think it will be too hot at first. It should fit for awhile though! Babies are tiiiiny :hugs:

Bobby was born in October and was in one straight away as the weather was a bit chilly. As it is 0-3 months it should still fit when the weather starts to turn colder. Xxx

I think it will be too. When I brought my daughter home, it was late May and she only wore a short-sleeved onesie. Just keep it around, it should start getting chillier by October and he'll only be two months.

I think it will be too hot at first. It should fit for awhile though! Babies are tiiiiny :hugs:

hehe i wasnt. apparantly i was in 3 month size clothes from the day i was born - i was a chunky munky :haha: thats one reason why i think i was silly buying this but hey ho - its only 50p lol

i got over excited when i saw this snowsuit/pramsuit (not sure which but its very padded and is furry on the outside) at the carboot sale for 50p today. its like new! i love it but wondered... will i use it?

baby is due 23rd august and this cosy thing is age 0-3 months.

if i put baby in it from the start do you think it will over heat? i want baby to get some use out of it before outgrowing it.... which is possible if i have a big baby i think.

I think a cardigan should be enough as an outdoor jacket babe.... xxx

I am going to put my baked bean in a dress and cardigan with socks.:hugs:

I think to start with it'll be too hot- BUT for some reason pram/snow suits seems to be miles bigger than anything else in the same size!- You'll probably use it on you LO when they are older than 3 months without any probs- I had a big baby and even I found all of the pramsuits huge!
You'll definitely get lots of use from it though :)

i agree with the above, my boy was 11 6 at birth and it swamped him, he never wore it, i out him in it at 5 months and it fit like a glove but by then it was may lol i jsut wanted to see him in it lol

they are miles to big. So will get to use it eventually. We got my dd a 0-3 one. She was born in march 3rd. She was 8lb9 and on 91st percentile. She never got to wear it. So yes eventually you will.

I think to start with it'll be too hot- BUT for some reason pram/snow suits seems to be miles bigger than anything else in the same size!- You'll probably use it on you LO when they are older than 3 months without any probs- I had a big baby and even I found all of the pramsuits huge!
You'll definitely get lots of use from it though :)

oh good. the lady did say it was a big size 0-3 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->